Working with a returning client to find an Assistant Accountant to join them on a full time, hybrid temporary basis to cover maternity leave. The client are a global leader in Oil & Gas with offices in Aberdeen and surrounding areas. The role will initially be a 6-month contract with the possibility for extension paying £15 p/h working 37.5hrs p/w as standard (circa £29,000 pro rata).
As the Assistant Accountant you will have the following duties :
- Reconciling bank accounts and posting bank transactions.
- Posting company credit cards and purchase cards transactions and working with the operations team to ensure accurate data entry.
- Raising intercompany sales invoices as required.
- Assisting in the preparation, review and approval of accounts payable payment runs, working closely with the Accountant, AP and Treasury departments.
- Preparing month end schedules and journals; including accruals, prepayments, depreciation and payroll.
- Assist the Accountant in the preparation of month end close in assigned ERP system.
- Preparation of assigned balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of VAT returns, in conjunction with other team members.
- Assisting the Accountant with the various SOX compliance requirements.
- Assisting annual audit.
- HND or Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Qualified by experience
- 1-2 years prior experience in a similar role or recent University/College Graduate in Accounting/Finance
- Previous experience in communication with other department and stakeholders with a business
- Ability to work on using your own initiative to ensure all tasks are completed in a accurate and timely manner
- 1-2 years experience in Microsoft Excel
- Accounting System knowledge
- Part-qualified or actively studying ICAEW/ICAS/CIMA/ACCA
- Previous experience within the Oil and Gas or Manufacturing sectors
- Previous experience of working in a finance department, with the ability to adapt to changing demands
- Good command of Microsoft Teams and Outlook
- ERP Systems knowledge
Hours: 37.5hrs/week – Mon – Thu 08.30-17.00, Fri 08.30 to 15.45 – 45 mins lunch
Location: Hybrid Working – 3 days office, 2 days home – not set days
Pay Rate: £15 /hr
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.