Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Are you an experienced Part-qualified Accountant looking for a new and exciting challenge? If so, one of our local clients based in Tayside are looking for an Assistant Accountant to come join them on a full-time, permanent basis. This opportunity will suit a candidate who has previous experience within a busy finance department. My client is a forward thinking organisation who are paving the way in their specialist field. They are looking for like-minded candidates who share the same core values as them.
As an Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the accounting processes and procedures within the finance department. You will also be the key point of contact for any finance queries. This is a great opportunity to join an organisation who have a solid reputation and are growing year on year. If growth is a key driver for you, this could be a great opportunity to excel and take the next steps in your career.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain purchase ledger, check and approve purchase invoices daily
- Maintain credit control
- Process monthly purchase order accruals
- Prepare general ledger reviews monthly
- Maintain cashflow report weekly
- Prepare VAT returns
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations, posting journals
- Account preparation up to trial balance
- Liaise with project teams, update project sheets and reconcile accounts when necessary. Keep updated with invoicing and general queries within different project teams.
- Prepare intercompany invoices
- Any ad-hoc duties when required
The key skills / knowledge / experience required:
- Sage experience is essential
- Part-qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, AAT)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- IT literate
- Driving licence is essential
- Previous experience within a busy finance department
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.