We are looking for an Assistant Finance Manager to join a long-term client at their Stirling offices. The client specialise in supply, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment in hazardous and industrial areas. Based across the UK they are involved in multiple sectors across the globe including oil& gas, marine, pharmaceutical and more.
The Role :
The primary objective of this role is to maintain the efficient and effective running of the finance function by monitoring daily banking activities across the Group. The role also provides management information to the wider business ensuring the finance team provide support when required. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager you will:
- Be responsible for all bank reconciliations for GBP and currency accounts across all group entities.
- Manage company credit card processing, including month end journals & reporting.
- Complete daily cash and bank processes for all Group entities ensuring sales invoices and credit notes notified to Invoice finance and sufficient cash in place for daily payments.
- Verify and approve bank payments across Group entities ensuring accuracy and timely payments are made.
- Assist with reporting and delivery of department KPI’
- Ensure EOM intercompany billing is completed and reconciled.
- Process, review and analyse staff expenses
- Provide support to the Finance Manager and Financial Controller as directed, particularly around month end processes.
- Provide Ad-hoc Financial Support to business units, such as analysis of Actual spend vs Budget reports
- Manage and reconcile self-billing customer portal accounts and provided updated reports to management as requested.
- Provide holiday cover for senior credit controller in the department when required, primarily the cash postings, credit checking and new customer account set up
- Adhere to company confidentiality policy as set out in contract of employment, with particular emphasis on non-divulgence of sensitive financial information to anyone outside the finance department.
- To maintain good communications with internal and external clients.
- To take a proactive approach to continuous improvement and development of the company’s systems and processes and regularly feedback improvement suggestions to Finance Manager and Financial Controller
- Ad hoc duties as requested by management
- Occasional travel to other company branches within the UK may be necessary to ensure delivery of business needs.
- Participate in ensuring the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including undertaking required training.
The Candidate :
The successful candidate will have the following experience / knowledge:
- Proven experience as a Senior Accounts Assistant, Assistant Accountant or Assistant Finance Manager.
- Relevant qualification in Finance is desired but not essential.
- Supervisory experience is desired but not essential.
- Competent in the use of ERP systems.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft packages, Word, PowerPoint with strong Excel skills are a necessity.
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Articulate, dynamic, energetic and delivery focused
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure
- £29,000 – £38,000 p.a.
- Target based annual boonus
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays – Annual leave entitlement will increase to 33 days on 1st Jan 2024
- Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Company pension contributions
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.