CNC Machinist – Turner
To manufacture components to drawing dimensions or specific instruction whilst ensuring housekeeping/safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Set up and operation of CNC machine tools.
- Ensure all relevant drawings, procedures and instructions are to the latest revisions, prior to work commencing.
- Operate and handle materials and tools in a safe manner.
- Operating the machine safely and competently in accordance with manufacturers’ operating instructions and ensuring that good safety and housekeeping standards are maintained as laid down in QHSE policies and procedures.
- After completing the operation, carry out the inspection on the manufactured component before releasing.
- Ensuring that the work area is kept clean, appropriate and safety equipment is worn at all times.
- Assisting with the training of apprentices.
- Reporting any environmental and health & safety issues that arise.
- To maintain material certification and traceability for all material used.
- Time Served Machinist
- Competent in the set-up and operation of CNC Lathe machine tools.
- Capable of basic programming on machine Siemens controls
- Ability to read & understand engineering drawings / specifications etc.
- Ability to use inspection equipment.
- Skill in planning methods of machining.
- Ability to select the correct carbide grade, feeds and speeds for the material specification in operation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.