Delighted to be working with a company with strong roots in Dundee who are looking to add to their existing finance team.
This distribution company provide products throughout the whole of Scotland to hundreds of stores. Using their award-winning distribution network, they have been serving communities for over 100 years. Thanks to internal growth, they are now looking to appoint a Commercial Finance Analyst to join a newly established specialist team within their company.
The successful candidate will work closely with the commercial, functional and operational teams to produce regular reporting and analysis to support business decisions. Regular duties will include:
- Forecasting future financial performance and trends based on past data.
- Perform financial evaluations of new initiatives prior to them being carried out.
- Perform post-evaluation analysis on internal projects and feed back key findings for future projects.
- Working closely with FP&A to introduce rolling monthly forecast processes.
- Work with each team to design and introduce KPI dashboard reporting
- Conduct risk assessments and modelling the impact of current and new deals.
- Attend all functional meetings of the teams supported, feeling as much a sense of ownership and part of the team as with finance
The successful candidate will have the following qualities / experience:
- Educated to a degree level with a relevant subject and/or hold a professional finance qualification (ACA, CIMA, ICAS etc)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong IT skills especially in Excel & PowerPoint at advanced levels
- Experience of analytical database tools
- Commercial acumen. The ability to analyse complex data sets, identify the key messages, and communicate the output
- Able to demonstrate problem solving, decisive decision making and being results orientated.
- Hybrid working – 2 / 3 days at home per week
- Employee rewards & discounts
- 30 days annual holidays including bank holidays
- Company pension contributions
- Complimentary tickets to company events
- On-site parking
Salary : up to £50k
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.