£40,000 - £45,000
A new opportunity has become available with one of our clients in Glasgow for a permanent full-time Company Accountant. The Company Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the financial management and accounting functions of the business. To be successful in this role you will have a “hands-on” attitude towards your work and be confident in a range of accounting practices including:
- Payroll (Sage)
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements, balance sheets, P&L, income statements and cash flow statements.
- Month-end and year end processes
- Manage both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- General Ledger Accounts and Bank Statement Reconciliation
- Completion of stat returns and taxation matters
- Stock taking
The ideal candidate will have a broad experience covering many aspects of finance and accounting as the main finance contact for the business. You will have 3 direct reports so previous experience in a management role would be preferred but not essential. To be successful in this role you will have the following skills & experience :
- Qualified ACCA – Part Qualified also considered if you can show the drive to complete the qualification.
- Proficiency in Sage Line 50 & Sage Payroll
- Strong Understanding of GAAP
- Experience in mentoring junior accounting staff (preferred)
- Understanding of VAT
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, it is important that you are able and comfortable to present information and reports on a monthly basis. The role promises to be varied and challenging, with the opportunities to work on projects with the Directors to further develop your management skills.
Industry specific (manufacturing) experience is not necessary, open to candidates from all backgrounds if applicable skills and knowledge can be shown.
Salary : £40,000 – £45,000
Hours : 9 – 5 (flexibility for early start/finish when required)
Location : On-Site Glasgow
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.