Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
A very well established company and leading brand in their sector are hiring a Logistics Administrator in Aberdeenshire. Working in a tight knit department that is fast paced, this is a role that will keep you engaged and make your days pass with haste.
The reason for recruiting is because they have a large volume of imports/exports and customs requirements and the logistics controller required additional support for at least the next 6 months.
Overseeing logistical activities, while ensuring the business is supported and is capable of providing competitive options to clients around the globe.
- Support the business with all freight forwarding movements locally and internationally.
- Close support to sales and proposal teams to ensure all quotes are valid and as accurate as possible.
- Achieve cost savings for the business by managing close partnerships with freight forwarders and hauliers.
- Prepare shipping documentation for packing list, COO, Commercial invoice etc.
- Ensure compliance and check regulations within the logistical network.
- Ensure that all required certification is in place as required.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Take appropriate remedial action in response to immediate potential risks and impacts.
- Help to plan and coordinate drivers on local pick-ups and deliveries.
- Prepare documentation for mobilisation and demobilisations.
- Work with the purchasing team to expedite current orders.
- Support and advise employees appropriately and ensure standards are maintained.
- Check, revise and validate documentation.
- Support out of office as required.
- Ensure electronic & hard copy documentation is stored effectively and concisely.
- Ensure the efficient use of departmental resources.
- To ensure the efficient use of your own working time to achieve company targets.
- To maintain good timekeeping at all times.
- Good computer skills with Outlook, excel and computer systems to create Purchase Orders.
- Knowledge of Incoterms 2020.
- Experience dealing with air/sea/road freight.
- Experience handling/producing transit documentation.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Dangerous Goods certifications Air and Sea.
- Oil and Gas or manufacturing experience of a similar nature.
On offer for this position is a salary of £22-24K with a degree of flexibility on working hours across a 37.5 hour week.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.