Due to an increase in workload one of our long-standing clients are looking for an experienced Cost Engineer to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. This would ideally suit someone who has previous experience working on large engineering projects ideally in the Oil & Gas industry. A solid understanding of the full project lifecycle would be beneficial.
As a Cost Engineer you will be a key point of contact within my client’s Finance and Operational team. You will liaise with operations and ensure all their data is collected and analysed appropriately.
The key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with operations to collect data
- Analyse data and present the data in different formats
- Produce cost reports
- Produce forecasts and budgets for each project
- Provide assistance to other finance staff within the team
- Produce management accounts and reports
- Suggest improvements where required
- Investigate any discrepancies within the budgets
The key skills / knowledge / experience required:
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Oil & Gas industry
- Solid understanding of the project lifecycle
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Accounting qualification would be advantageous but not essential
- Previous experience leading a team
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.