Website Salary: £25-28K DOE
Based in Dyce, this company is best-in-class at what they do and are currently looking for a Dangerous Goods Co-ordinator to join their team.
To ensure that all dangerous goods to be carried by road, sea or air comply with all National, International, Local and Company rules and regulations. As well as, making sure that all DG shipments comply with the IMDG Code and SOLAS and are sea worthy at all times. To maintain the smooth running of the dangerous goods division and warehouse activities, assisting in the receiving and dispatching of freight into and out of the warehouse and ensuring all goods are prepared in accordance with legal guidelines and regulations.
- Check and if okay, accept all company dangerous goods applications on assigned vessels ensuring that they comply with the IMDG Code, company House Rules, Port Restrictions and Limitations.
- Check all DG applications on Partner Line lines vessels ensuring that they comply with the IMDG Code.
- Liaise with Partner Lines to obtain approval of DG applications on their vessels.
- Check container segregation to ensure that all DG co-loads are compatible and in line with the IMDG Code regulations.
- Produce DG stowage reports.
- Liaise with port operations to ensure that DG container inspections are completed in accordance with the company and Partner’s rules and restrictions.
- Receiving and checking all types of dangerous goods into the warehouse.
- Communicating with Dangerous goods Manager and Supervisor and all warehouse staff.
- Preparing, packing, labelling and documenting dangerous goods for despatch.
- Stock control on customers’ goods in our warehouse and yard.
- Weekly report on all goods still held in warehouse and yard.
- Keep packing area clean, tidy and safe.
- Health and Safety awareness.
- Dangerous Goods check sheets.
- The checking off all DGR paperwork and freight.
- Preparing correct Dangerous Goods declarations via RCTS.
- Good standard of numeracy.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Conscientious and flexible.
- Good communicator
- Previous dealings with dangerous goods
- Previous experience and in date qualifications for working within the dangerous goods and/or logistics sector.
- Experience in the energy and resource sectors.
- Aviation security training.
- 5-year Background check
- Dangerous goods by air and sea.
- Current unrestricted drivers licence.
- £25-28K DOE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.