Provision of design support within the Engineering department under supervision from the Senior Engineer. Produce legible and accurate engineering designs and drawings for manufacturing, maintenance and operations within prescribed time frame.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (alternative qualifications may be accepted depending on experience)
- Extensive knowledge, experience and proven track record in computer aided drawing/designing techniques in an engineering environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Solidworks (alternative 3D CAD software knowledge may be accepted depending on experience)
- Ability to produce innovative design packages in an efficient manner which meet the requirements set
- Ability to work in a team environment and have a conscientious, positive and enthusiastic approach to work, maintaining good working relationships with colleagues, clients, suppliers and visitors
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work unsupervised, with a flexible and adaptable approach and an ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent time management and organisation skills are a must along with excellent demonstrable written and verbal communication skills and a willingness to learn new skills
- Have a professional approach to tasks with an eye for detail and a persistent demeanour to ensure ongoing issues reach a conclusion
- Proven to cope under pressure during periods of increased productivity
- Fully competent in Microsoft 365 software (Outlook / Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the production and where appropriate, checking of detailed designs and drawings of components,
- layouts and assemblies etc. as required.
- Prepare concept, proposal, & layout drawings to support all departments.
- Ensure precise recording of all relevant documentation as defined within the department and company’s document.
- control procedures
- Ensure accurate recording of work time and duties to allow tracking of departmental expenditure.
- To work at all times to the Company’s Quality Management System and in a safe, responsible and cost-effective manner
HEALTH & SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE
All employees must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves and consider the potential for harm to others or the environment
- that may be caused by their acts or omissions
- Work in accordance with the information and training provided to them
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety
- and/or Environmental reasons
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a
- responsible person without delay
- Not undertake any task for which authorisation and/or training has not been given
- You may be required to undertake the role of Fire-warden and/or First-aider [training would be provided]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.