£40-50K DOE + Additional Benefits
The Draughtsperson role operates as a key part of the Draughting team and is responsible for creating technical drawings for our production and fabrication teams.
A focal point for processing client drawings and generating internal drawings, you will play a crucial role in the production workflow. You will produce CAD designs, 3D models and drawings to assist our fabricators and welders in their daily tasks. You may also translate these into production data for our CNC profiling equipment.
You will assist our projects team in the entire life cycle of a project, from its inception, through preliminary sketches, design, verification and then on to producing fabrication drawings for our workshop. This could involve the smallest intricate machined components to large complex structural steel scopes and everything in between. You may be involved, as required, in discussions with the client and other stakeholders to ensure the company meets the full criteria of their requirements.
Additionally, you may be required to assist in processing drawings and translating them into production data for our CNC Robotic 3D profiler to cut, prepare and mark parts in detail ready for our fabricators. This will aid and expedite their subsequent fabrication work scopes. As part of the role, you will be required to translate both client drawings and models, including 3D modelling work within dedicated software and in Autodesk Inventor. You will assist the main Draughting team with nesting plate profiles using AutoCAD and a dedicated software for our CNC Plasma Profiler.
- Competent in 3D modelling using Autodesk Inventor from part structure through to assembly structure.
- Competency in structure analysis within Inventor would be advantageous.
- Competent in production of drawings for workshop / fabrication use.
- Skill to read technical drawings and translate a variety of drawing related media.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of welding symbols, their meaning and how to translate this into practical applications for weld preparations.
- Practical mechanical aptitude desirable.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure for multiple projects.
- Aptitude to share knowledge with colleagues where relevant and learn likewise.
- Good communication skills.
- Organised and able to prioritise.
- IT literate in all aspects of general Microsoft Office package.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to delegate and ask for assistance when required.
- Engineering qualification advantageous.
- Technical drawing and / or Computer aided draughting and design qualification preferred.
On offer for the position is a salary of up to £50K DOE + additional benefits
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.