A client are looking for an experienced Electrical Project Engineer for their Engineering Department who will be responsible for the successful delivery of allocated electrical projects, or a defined scope of work from the Engineering Manager, that falls within the company’s service offering.
In this role you will work closely with the Electrical and Engineering Teams displaying strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills. Liaise and manage electrical sub-contractors and sub-contract workscopes in conjunction with the company’s project engineering team.
Typically, the Electrical Project Engineer will work as part of the Shared Services Engineering Team and will be in support of the Asset Maintenance, New Builds and/or Rental teams within the company in conjunction with the Electrical Design Engineer or Software/Controls engineer to successfully deliver allocated project workscopes.
Providing strong technical guidance and commercial support and, on occasion a smaller project will be assigned solely to the Electrical Project Engineer for execution.
The Electrical Project Engineer should support the full electrical scope through its entire project life cycle from initial specification / kick off, engineering phase, manufacture, assembly, testing, through to the delivery or execution.
The Electrical Project Engineer must draw on technical experience and ensure technical integrity through setting best practice and providing a high level of technical guidance on all Electrical Engineering related matters.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To follow the process of continuous improvement and to demonstrate a continuous improvement approach towards all processes, products and tasks within their role, to maintain and report key performance indicators, and to act as required to ensure agreed performance standards and expectations are achieved or excelled.
- To show commitment to HSEQ and to set good personal examples on HSEQ issues within their area of operation and influence. Required to report all accidents and near misses to their line manager, and to always lead by example and set high standards in all aspects of their role.
- To actively participate in all aspects of HSEQ awareness, education, training and communication. Accountable for stopping a job if perceived that it is not safe to progress for personnel or the equipment/ product, or if not adhering to the company’s standards or procedures.
- To challenge internal and external processes, procedures and methodologies and to actively encourage innovation to improve the company’s offering.
- To always maintain good working relationships with external and internal stakeholders and act as a company ambassador.
You will ideally have:
- Electrical / Electronic degree preferred although consideration to candidates with HNC / HND and relevant industry experience in a similar role.
- Technically competent in reading, interpreting and following electrical schematics and wiring diagram is an essential requirement of the role.
- Knowledge of single and 3 phase electrical systems including DOL and Satr-Delta is essential
- Competent in specifying electrical and electronic components, cabling and enclosures
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations is essential
- Complex and hazardous equipment knowledge and experience would be advantageous
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Familiar/competent in all Microsoft packages including Outlook, Team, Projects, Excel, Word & SharePoint.
- Experience using project management or project cost tracking software packages.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.