Our client, based in Aberdeen, is a global control, monitoring, instrumentation and handling company serving the oil and gas industry and looking for Electrical Technicians to join their team. The role involves the building, testing, installation and commission of specialised products in the workshop and offshore.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Building a range of drilling and control instrumentation systems and products, from procuring materials to dispatching finished goods.
- Building electronic gauges.
- Installing, commissioning and supporting systems in Clients’ installations, travelling as required on an ad hoc basis, rather than regular rota, to international locations both onshore and offshore.
- Assisting with pre-electrical testing and FAT testing of all electrical products and systems.
- Carrying out and assisting with software installation and testing when required (post training).
- Assisting with the fault diagnosis and repair of mechanical / hydraulic control systems, assemblies, and components (post training).
- Carrying out fault diagnosis and the repair of electrical systems, assemblies, and components.
- Collaborating with Engineers in support of technical queries.
Maintaining job work sheets and documentation as required.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to ONC level in an electrical discipline with several years’ experience gained within an electrical environment. Offshore experience is required.
You will also need to maintain medical fitness levels in order that the required offshore medical documentation can be in place. It is a condition of this role that you agree to undergo basic offshore survival course.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.