Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
This company are specialists in gathering verifiable high-quality data to deliver actionable insight on pipelines throughout the world. They are looking for an outstanding professional with a great attitude to join us as an Electronics Design Engineer, working on their technology at the highest level.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Minimum BSc (or equivalent) in Electronics Engineering
- At least 5 years Hardware design experience for high critical application
- Strong knowledge of Analogue and Digital Design, including multilayer FPGA PCBs for high speed applications, microprocessors/microcontrollers, programmable logic, PCB design and design for EMC, Schematic capture, PCB and simulation using Altium designer
- Selecting components for the development of printed circuit boards and components
- Good understating of IPC Levels and ability to detect PCB soldering defects to IPC Level 3
- Advanced ability to perform component level troubleshooting
- Experience of electronic assembly, component testing and tool building
- Hands-on capability across a breadth of electronics including hardware design, PCB layout, fabrication, and test, with the ability to analyse and apply results
- Creating and peer reviewing Functional Design Specifications, Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, GA drawings, BOMs and Test Specifications as per guidelines
- Must have a drive to work to commercial deadlines
- Strong ability to perform well under pressure of a high and varied workload, tight deadlines and changing job priorities
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Teamwork skills are essential, and the ability to work not only within a small multi-discipline team, but also communication skills to engage with the different teams across the regions of the company
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the job role
- Demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems
- Excellent Computer skills such as Excel, word and be able to follow procedures to learn to work with various company software Beneficial, but not essential:
- Understanding of electronic design for ATEX operated tools / ATEX Regulations
- Recognised qualifications from the Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Firmware Programming using C language
- Hardware design for critical application on company tools
- Analogue and Digital Design, including multilayer FPGA PCBs for high-speed applications, microprocessors/microcontrollers, programmable logic, PCB design and design for EMC, Schematic capture, PCB and simulation using Altium designer.
- Select components for the development of printed circuit boards and components
- PCB design and fault finding
- Component level troubleshooting
- Electronic assembly, test, tool building & QA
- Create and peer review Functional Design Specifications, Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, GA drawings, BOMs and Test Specifications as per guidelines.
- In-Field Duties where required
- Provide technical support, guidance & development on a job by job basis.
- Contribute to the company’s team in identifying areas of growth and generate new business within the market place maximizing new opportunities.
- Adhere to QHSE standards and policy
- Tool Documentation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.