A rare opportunity has become available within a reputable consultancy firm based in the Central Belt. Our Client is looking for an experienced individual who has a passion for the Environment and has a keen interest in working alongside like-minded individuals. My client operates throughout the UK and overseas from their city Centre location in Glasgow. They are a market leader within tier specialist field. The ideal candidate will come from an Environmental background of some sort, no specific requirements are needed as they are looking for a range of Environmental backgrounds. 2024 is shaping up to be a strong year with projects currently underway and more coming in the pipeline.
My client is looking for an Environmental Consultant to come join them on a full-time, permanent basis. You will be joining an established team of environmental consultants and graphic technicians who have been with the practise for a good number of years. Internal promotion and training is a large part of my clients ethos as they have a passion for ensuring each candidate reaches their full potential.
This opportunity will allow you to take a lead role on projects whilst also working on larger scale projects on a team basis. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of multidisciplinary projects including Pumped Storage, Wind Energy and Grid Connections.
The key responsibilities will include (dependent on experience):
- Mentor and manage junior staff members.
- Liaise with project teams and clients to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Coordinate, manage and prepare Environmental Impact Assessment reports.
- Represent my client in public consultations and stakeholder meetings which ill contribute to BD.
- Complete administrative tasks which include, site surveys and data collection.
- Manage the delivery of EIA for a number of diverse projects and portfolio schemes.
Qualifications / Experience required:
- A relevant degree (Geography, Environmental Science, Environmental architecture & Design etc)
- IMEA membership is desirable
- Previous project management within renewable energy and grid sectors
- Excellent written communication skills
- Driving licence is preferred
- Excellent relationship building skills with internal & external stakeholders
- Hybrid role (2 days in the Glasgow office required)
- All levels are invited to apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.