Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Establish structural analysis plans, perform, document and review complex structural analysis activities in alignment with capabilities with some guidance from Senior FE Analyst. Plan, direct and coordinate all types of assigned technical analysis activities to ensure that goals or objectives accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Support Graduate FE Analysts of the team in their development. Prepare status reports, update plans/schedules and operate as contact point for assigned technical analysis activities.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering; other qualifications may be accepted depending on experience
- Experience as an Analyst (or equivalent) in a product development environment
- Working knowledge of analytical calculation techniques to support design engineers
- Working knowledge in practical application of numerical simulation, experience with ANSYS is preferable
- Working knowledge of industry codes and standards for use in structural analysis
- Some engineering concept design and improvement aptitude
- Working knowledge and experience with 2D/3D CAD (Solidworks preferable).
- Working knowledge of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficient in all methods of communication (verbal, written & presentation).
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with guidance of an Senior FE Analyst.
- Effective member of a team
- Ability to analyse evaluate and optimise design concepts in a short time scale which meet the requirements set
- Ability to support Graduate FE Analysts and interface with, members of the wider engineering team, workshop and project management staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work in a safe, responsible and cost-effective manner, in full compliance with the Company’s safety and quality management systems.
- Will be expected to work autonomously on day-to-day with guidance and support of the Senior FE Analyst to:
- − Perform structural analysis relevant to each stage in the design process, including analytical calculation and numerical Simulation.
- − Extract structural analysis results and assess in compliance with standard industry codes.
- − Report results in a clear concise and timely manner to support the design process.
- − Plan, monitor, review and report activities performed using 3rd party consultants or appraisers.
- − Present designs, results and findings to engineering staff during internal design reviews.
- − Participate in investigation and disposition of non-conformances or improvement actions.
- − Review all levels of structural analysis including analytical calculation and numerical simulation.
- Develop more junior members of department through technical coaching and mentoring.
- Provide competent input to risk assessments related to equipment.
- Insert, maintain and review data on electronic register system.
- Ensure accurate recording of work time and duties to allow tracking of departmental expenditure.
- Additionally, it may be required to fill certain aspects of the role of design engineer under appropriate guidance, including where possible:
Generate conceptual designs or customise existing designs for proposals/projects from customer or internally generated specifications and prepare design layouts using 2D AutoCAD or 3D (Solidworks) drawing packages.
- Verify design where necessary using classical analysis techniques. Analysis will require to be formalised for inclusion in product design files and Product Design Documentation.
- Prepare and review detail drawings (selecting raw material as necessary) prepared from design layouts.
- Make necessary engineering changes to product drawings.
- Generate equipment assembly, test, FAT, handling, storage, rework, maintenance, and commissioning procedures as required.
- Provide necessary support to the various internal departments (manufacturing, shop, planning, QA, commercial, purchasing, assembly etc.) as equipment is progressed through the facility.
- To work at all times to the Company’s Quality Management System
HEALTH & SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE
All employees must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves and consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with the information and training provided to them.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and/or Environmental reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorisation and/or training has not been given.
You may be required to undertake the role of Fire-warden and/or First-aider [training would be provided]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.