Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Are you an experienced Accountant looking for a new opportunity within a rewarding sector? One of my clients based in Aberdeen is looking for a Qualified Accountant to come join them on a permanent basis as a Finance Manager. This would ideally suit someone who has previous experience within the third sector and knowledge of charity accounts.
As the finance manager you will ensure that all financial matters relating to the day-to-day accounting and payroll is under full control and any queries are resolved promptly. You will also be responsible for ensuring the management of outsourced functions relating to finance are of the highest standard. My client is looking for individuals who share the same core values and are actively looking for ways to improve the community.
The key responsibilities include:
- Ensure all financial information is produced accurately and in a timely manner to assist all stakeholders within the business
- Ensure all financial procedures and processes operate effectively and support he businesses larger goal
- Review VAT returns to ensure suppliers invoices and charity invoices are correctly treated to HMRC
- Support the larger finance team with continuous development and training
- Oversee the annual audit and liaising with senior stakeholders where required to ensure the annual report is completed in a timely manner
- Preparation of monthly payroll including reconciliations
- Continuously improve internal processes and procedures to ensure the smooth running of the finance department
- Liaise with senior management to ensure forecasts and budgets are accurately presented
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and funders where appropriate
- Resolve any finance queries when required
- Successfully mentor and lead a finance team
The key skills / qualifications and experience required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA)
- A minimum of 2 years experience within a similar role
- Previous experience of charity accounts
- Previous experience of Payroll
- Experience of developing systems, improving processes and ensure finance compliance is of the highest standard
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.