A growing company in the commercial health & fitness industry are looking for a Finance Manager to join their vibrant and expanding company.
In this role you will be working in a team of 3 and reporting directly to the Ops Director and ensuring the finance operation runs smoothly. You will provide financial reports to the Directors enabling them to make informed decisions for the future of the company.
- £35k – £45k DOE
- Yearly Bonus
Main Responsibilities :
- Lead, manage and support the team and overall day to day finance function.
- Provide financial reports to the Directors
- Responsible for developing and training the team
- Assist with the preparation of files and month end procedures to allow external accountants to then prepare monthly management accounts.
- Assist with Payroll and pensions
- Develop trends and projections for the firms finances`
- HMRC (PAYE, VAT)
- Trade Loans and reconciliation
- Preparing weekly Cashflow reports
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, reviewing potential improvements and best practices, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Liaising with external stakeholders, including auditors, bank managers and legal advisors.
- Ensuring that accounting records are kept accurately reflecting all the income and expenditure in accordance with company policies.
- Manage accounts payable and ensure timely payment of invoices
- Manage accounts receivable
- Oversee the management of utilities and other contracts
- Prepare and present reports and papers to the management team and the Board as required.
- Ensuring the fufilment of updating and maintaining the accounts database, Processing of mileage, credit card and expense claims, Processing Purchase and Sales invoices accurately, Reconciliation of bank and GL accounts, supplier statement reconciliations and payments
Essential Skills :
- Ideally proven experience as a Finance Manager
- Excellent leadership, communication and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Be highly organised with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to inspire staff to deliver success
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to identify problems and manage outcomes
- IT literate incl MS office applications.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a small team.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
Desired Skills :
- Experience of Xero
- Experience of Sales Force / CRM software
Your Career :
- Be an integral part of the company consisting of 60 staff members
- Opportunities and support to develop your career and progeress within the business
- Yearly bonus
- Free to use staff gym at head office
- Free staff car parking at head office
- Regular staff events, socials and parties
- Free tea, coffee
- Cycle to work scheme
- 4 day work week available
- Hybrid working (initial 12 week training based in the office)
- 33 days holiday for a 5 day working week and 28 days for a 4 day working week
- A joint contributory pension scheme
Education & Experience :
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- 2 years Management experience (preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.