A subscription-free, streaming platform offering live and on-demand content gives easy and affordable access to sports and entertainment. Available with hundreds of channels and in hundreds of countries they are constantly adding new channels and looking to expand by taking on a new Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance department and prepare for the future growth of the business. The Finance Manager must be knowledgeable in all aspects of accounting including tax compliance top oversee all financial activity of the company. Reporting directly to the CFO they will assist in the development and implementation of financial systems, processes and internal controls.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing all areas of accounting within the company; billing, financial statements, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgeting, tax, revenue recognition, various special analysis and employee expenses.
- Work with the IT development team to ensure the company is developed to facilitate accounting and tax compliance.
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies.
- Oversee and manage payments of all accounts to ensure on-time payment.
- Oversee cash and funding.
- Responsible for month end processes; bank reconciliations, accruals, prepayments and monthly journals.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements under IFRS.
- Organise information and statements for external audits.
- Manage tax and financial reporting compliance, liaising with external tax advisors.
- Additional controller duties and needed.
- Prior experience as a Finance Manager in a highly IT automated environment, start-up experience preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience.
- Professional qualification preferred, newly qualified or 1st/2nd
- Highly computer literate, experience using accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Merger and Acquisition experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Knowledge of employee equity compensation programs.
- Knowledge of different legal and multinational entity structures.
- Background in dealing with direct and indirect tax implications of complex events / activities.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
Full-time position in central Edinburgh, position is expected to be office based for a minimum of 2 days a week, with the feasibility to work in the office more in preferred.
Salary : £45k – £60k DOE
- Unlimited Holiday
- Flexible Working
- £500 annual training budget
- Life Insurance
- Dog Friendly Office
- Share Options
- Charitable Giving Days
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.