BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB’S FUNCTION
To be an integral part of a thriving engineering team, which produces innovative design solutions and optimises existing company products to meet the demands of our clients in an evolving industry.
The successful candidate will produce cost effective solutions to bespoke and standard product requests making the best use of their ability and the state of the art tools available to them. The jobholder should, when required, show the ability to work independently with minimal supervision at all times as well as show initiative and innovation in all areas of their work.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To design company products from initial concept to production.
- To use engineering tools efficiently.
- To produce information for production department.
- To assist with the development of custom design software.
- To Innovate
- To formulate test procedures.
- To define and supervise validation trials.
- To contribute to the continuing effort to reduce costs.
- To assist with the management of engineering data using engineering data management software
- Assist and contribute towards the development of the department, company standards and ultimately our product range
- Engineering degree – Mechanical or Structural. A Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Already a member of a professional institution with a view to working towards Chartered status
- Knowledge of 3-D CAD software preferably Autodesk Inventor
- Self Motivated.
- Desire to learn
- Knowledge of FEA systems preferably ANSYS
- Knowledge of MathCad.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment preferably within an Oil and Gas environment
- An ambition to succeed and forge out a career with an industry leader
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Lateral thinker
- Self Motivated
- Competence in MS Word, Excel, Access
- Knowledge of CAD software and drawing standards.
- Ability to work promptly and accurately and remain composed under pressure
- Knowledge of Autodesk Software (Inventor, AutoCAD, Vault)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.