Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based in South Glasgow, this company is a leading provider in the UK of complex civil engineering projects and delivery of turnkey telecommunications infrastructure. They are currently looking for an Human Resources Advisor with health and safety knowledge.
The role of the HR advisor will be to ensure all vacancies are filled in the most cost- efficient way and within the shortest time possible. The HR function will be responsible for identifying effective and appropriate recruitment methods for all vacancies. The HR Advisor will consistently deliver a pro-active and professional HR service to the business through developing effective partnerships with the Operations & Head Office Team ensuring that HR is an integral part of the company. They will also support the HSEQT Manager with health and safety functions.
The HR advisor will take a lead on all Employee related issues including:
- Advising and supporting managers on all Employee Relations issues, including performance management; sickness & absence; disciplinary & grievance procedures.
- Ensuring the grievance and disciplinary procedures are adhered to by all staff and to empower the Operations Team to undertake investigations & hearings.
- Monitoring, updating and advising staff and managers on HR policies and procedures, ensuring they are adhered to and effectively communicated across the organisation.
- Reviewing and updating the equality and diversity strategy, making recommendations on best practice and legislation.
- Monitoring staff turnover and ensuring that exit interviews are carried out, analysing and reporting on findings.
Staff Training & Development:
Working closely with senior team to develop staff skills including highlighting needs and recommendations made through the staff appraisal process.
HR Policy & Procedures:
Ensure terms and conditions and policies and procedures are up-to-date and comprehensive with regards to legislation and best practice. You may be asked from time to time to undertake other tasks that are relevant to your position.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Support HSEQT Manager with administration throughout the Health and Safety function.
- Support with inspections / audits.
- Carry out Inductions to new starters.
- Carry out safety inspections with support from HSEQT manager.
- Assist in the organisation of Staff Development and Training.
- Maintain Training Matrix and SMART Awards records.
- PPE Stock taking.
- Maintaining and updating BSi ISO 9001 and 45001 documents.
- Be actively involved in BSi ISO 9001 and 45001 Audits.
- Qualified to graduate level.
- Associate CIPD.
- IOSH Managing Safety qualification.
- Strong written skills with proven ability to draft policies, procedures and reports.
- Good coaching & mentoring skills.
- Delivery focused with the ability to prioritise and organise workload agreed within deadlines.
- Ability to resolve conflict situations and heavy workloads.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent “active-listening” skills.
- A proactive and can-do approach towards work tasks.
- Excellent presentation skills both formally and informally.
- Open communication style, with ability to communicate at all levels in an organisation.
- Good ambassadorial and diplomatic skills.
- A persuasive negotiator.
- Good personal presentation and high level of professionalism.
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment law legislation.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to an HR Function.
- Interviewing and selection skills.
- Up to date knowledge or recruitment, staff retention methods.
- Experience in advising and managing grievance and disciplinary investigations.
- Flexible / adaptable
- Strong team member
- Process orientated
- People orientated
- £25-28K DOE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.