Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based in Portlethen this company manufacture critical components, high technology systems and precision parts for international oil and gas and energy service groups. They are looking for a HSE Advisor to join their team.
The HSE Advisor is responsible for supporting the HSE Specialist EMEA in development and maintenance of HSE management system in the UK. The job holder will work between two different sites. The HSE Advisor will be providing UK facilities with competent health and safety advice, knowledge, support and expertise to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation, regulations and company HSE requirements, and to ensure a safe working environment, work practices and equipment.
- Continually improving safety culture on site.
- Leading by example in all HSE matters, always acting in an ethical manner and with integrity and impartiality.
- Carrying out HSE tasks typically associated with the role of an HSE Advisor or assigned by the HSE Specialist.
- Completing of monthly internal HSE audits. Recording and controlling completion of audit findings.
- Assisting incident investigations, organisation of accident files and lessons learned meetings.
- Delivering regular HSE toolbox talks.
- Delivering of various internal training and awareness programs.
- Delivering monthly HSE campaigns.
- Working with Safety Representatives on developing and driving safety improvements.
- Controlling and updating of HSE targets tables to meet business, economic and legal needs.
- Controlling organisation of Emergency Response Teams.
- Managing HSE related databases in OnBase.
- Ensuring and supporting the development of HSE procedures and standards.
- Maintaining the management systems, including ISO 45001 and ISO 14001, whilst ensuring the business remains compliant.
- Developing HSE initiatives to drive continuous improvement in HSE processes and to ensure the appropriate culture, knowledge, understanding and attitude towards HSE matters.
- Assisting in development of risk mitigation measures, including task risk assessments, travel and security risk assessment etc.
- Supporting all company personnel on all aspects and matters concerning HSE.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience
- Degree level qualification or equivalent HSE advisory experience
- Internal Auditor in either ISO9001, ISO14001 or ISO45001
- Experience of ISO45001 and ISO14001
- Risk management and incident investigation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Full Driving Licence
- NEBOSH certificate
- In depth knowledge of HSE International Codes and Standards
- Skilled in preparation, development and delivery of training programs
- Knowledge and experience of an ERP system, ideally Microsoft AX
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), influencing and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of commercial acumen.
- Highly professional conduct.
- Flexible with the ability to work across both sites as required.
- Good time management combined with strong organisational skills, and ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic with the ability to understand, interpret and communicate issues/matters to managers/employees.
- High level of integrity and able to deal with confidential/sensitive information.
- Salary- £30-38K DOE
- 37 Hours a week
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.