Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based in Bridge of Don this company leverage extensive in-house capabilities to provide end-to-end control of design, manufacturing, and qualified products. Currently looking for an HSEQ Advisor to join the team and work out of their modern site.
Support projects to meet requirements of the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management system. The role will also involve assisting the site teams and managers by recognising hazards and seeking to minimise risks whilst creating, maintaining, and improving the health, safety, environmental and Quality standards. Championing HSEQ initiatives in the workplace whilst ensuring that legislation is adhered too.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in managing Concession requests, ensuring that sufficient grounds exist for concessions to be raised and that appropriate close out to concessions is carried through.
- Assist in managing Customer’s NCRs and other cases.
- Review material certification and document packages received from suppliers.
- Prepare doc packs for outgoing deliveries, ensuring all paperwork and labelling is correct and meets customer specifications.
- Reviews the organisations health and safety system and compare its present state with best practices as benchmarked by health and safety regularly and practices.
- Assesses the possibility of hazards occurring during the production process.
- Looks for creative ways that will ensure that the culture of health and safety is improved.
- Undertake timely investigations, identify root cause, and provide relevant safety alerts.
- Offers advice to management staff on such issues as fire accident, biological and physical hazards.
- Primary officer that is to monitor the business compliance of their colleagues to health and safety best practices.
- Maintains a record for all in-house accidents and investigate accordingly sharing relevant lessons learned.
- Assists production teams with root cause analysis of problems and identification of appropriate corrective measures.
- Develops and implements quality programs, including tracking, analysing, reporting and problem solving.
- Examines areas of improvements and supports delivery of HSEQ 18 month rolling plan.
- Writes procedures, processes, and work instructions for the HSEQ function’s various activities.
- Conducts risk assessments and execution of annual risk assessment plan.
- Conducts investigation analysis for incidents, near misses and NCRs received from Customers, applying root cause analysis tools to identify true root causes, and deriving appropriate containment, corrective, and preventive action.
- Supports production of required monthly reports to management and participates in annual management review activities.
- Acts as technical expert and mentor to others within the department, providing guidance and knowledge to those that require it.
- Some limited travels, where required, to client sites to assist in incident investigations or suppliers to participate in improvement programmes.
- Ensures that safety and personal protective equipment are used following manufacturer’s instructions.
- The maintenance of adherence to and improvement of the quality systems and procedures, including but not restricted to continual ISO 9001 compliance.
- Develop, support, and actively encourage a culture of continual improvement by suggesting improvement programmes that involve team members and other employees.
- Support all company functions and personnel in the timely and effective delivery of all business goals and objectives.
- Support, encourage and implement a ‘make it happen’ and ‘do it now’ culture.
- Lead by example and always demonstrate role model traits.
- Undertake tasks as required by Quality Manager.
Health & Safety
- Familiarization with the company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate PPE is always worn.
- Create a safe working environment with good housekeeping standards.
- Report any unsafe acts, accidents or near misses.
- Job efficiency and output.
- The completion of tasks on time.
- Investigations closure by due date.
- Reduction in Cost of Safety incidents.
- Reduction of lost time.
- Risk assessments.
Skills & Experience
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent.
- Effective communicator with strong presentation and report writing skills.
- Client facing experience.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations and law.
- Ability to identify health hazards.
- Ability to liaise with staff and clients from all levels.
- Demonstratable experience with accident / incident investigations.
- Certified HSEQ Advisor (ASQ CQE) and / or IOSH highly desirable.
- ISO9001:2015 Internal Auditor required, Lead Auditor desirable.
- Ability to take note of fine details and not leave any stone unturned.
- Must be able to work on own initiative.
- Proactive structured approach.
- Technical awareness and ability to read and understand job specifications.
- Competent working with MS Office applications.
Salary- £40K+ DOE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.