Website Salary- DOE
Based in South Aberdeen, this client is a top provider of multi-discipline engineering services. They are currently looking to bring an HSEQ Advisor onboard to join the team.
Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, the HSEQ Advisor will be accountable for providing subject matter expertise to ensure the company and particularly our projects, operate in a safe, legally compliant, and best-practice manner whilst driving continuous improvement to our HSEQ culture. The role will lead by example in all aspects of HSEQ on site. The main responsibility is to eliminate risk and deliver continual improvement in the sites HSEQ performance and maintain compliance with ISO 45001, 9001, 14001 & API Q1.
- To assist and undertake any tasks for the HSEQ Manager.
- Supporting in External Supplier audits with customers and certification bodies.
- Compilation of evidence for Root Cause Analysis / 8D Reports.
- Conducting internal audits and raise all findings in Progress Plus.
- Manage NCR process, ensuring findings are adequately raised, conduct investigations as required, findings are updated and closed out in a timely manner and to a high standard, create monthly reports and hold monthly meetings as required.
- Provide HSEQ support, advice and guidance to the Engineering Division team.
- Conduct regular weekly hazard identification tours and document any findings.
- Conduct site inductions and review induction forms.
- Ensuring suitable and sufficient risk assessments are undertaken and reviewed, ensuring adequate control measures are implemented and effective.
- Deliver toolbox talks and HSEQ presentations / initiatives.
- Attend, minute and communicate all HSEQ related meetings.
- Provide a monthly HSEQ report to the HSEQ Manager.
- Implement measures to minimise environmental risks and promote and carry out sustainability reporting.
- Support of regional Integrated Management System (IMS) including maintenance of IMS procedures.
- Champion and promote a strong safety culture among employees and contractors.
- Liaise with customer and key internal stakeholders to produce HSEQ performance metrics and develop and produce relevant interface documents.
- Carry out any other reasonable task / activity as requested by Management.
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate (NGC) (essential)
- Internal Auditor or Lead Auditor qualification (desirable)
- COSHH Assessor (desirable)
- Incident Investigation and root cause analysis Qualification (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess high computer skills and knowledge of using Microsoft software packages such as Word and Excel.
- Possess a high level of focus and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organisational ability and time management skills.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and apply specifications and standards.
- Demonstrated self-starter with high initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Engineering background (preferred)
- Experience of managing or implementing integrated management systems.
- Knowledge and awareness of CDM Regulations.
- Preferred 3 years verifiable work experience with ability to interpret technical drawings.
- Preferred working knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 & API Q1
Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Perform duties in a safe manner at all times, to prevent injury to yourself and your co-workers.
- Adhere to HSEQ Policies and Procedures relevant to your work area and job function at all times.
- Do not undertake any task or job for which authorisation and/or training has not been given.
- Report all work related injuries, accidents, property damage, equipment damage, near misses and safety or environmental hazards to your supervisor.
- Job specific training will be identified from appropriate training matrices for your position.
Renumeration and Shifts
- Salary- DOE
- Hours- Mon-Thurs (7am-3.30pm) Fri (7am-1pm)
- Pension Scheme
- Other benefits
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.