Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based in Dundee this company is a collection of creative and experienced professionals that work towards building the best and keeping people safe. They are currently looking for an HSEQ Manager to join the team and become a key part of the day to day of the company.
As HSEQ Manager you will support projects and construction teams to meet the requirements of the Safety, Quality and Environment Management systems. The role involves assisting workshop, site teams and managers by recognizing hazards and seeking to minimize risks whilst maintaining and improving health, safety, environmental and quality performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Health, Safety and Environment across all Dundee operations complying with best practice, company procedures, risk assessments and legal requirements.
- Ensure compliance of site to regulatory standards and all ISO accreditations by ensuring high safety, environmental and quality standards are maintained.
- Assist in the maintaining and continuously improvement of the Integrated Management System.
- Guide and support team on HSEQ strategy, priorities and other related matters.
- Perform inductions, training and toolbox talks for staff, visitors and contractors.
- Perform incident and accident investigations and liaise with group HSEQ function to determine root cause, identify key lessons and make recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- HSE weekly inspections of workshop and fabrication sites to ensure compliance with legislative and company requirements whilst maintaining lean ethos.
- Compile, conduct and review Risk Assessments.
- Manage COSHH Risk Assessments and ensure site compliance.
- Support NCR investigation and closure review to maintain compliance with regulatory and or client requirements.
- Communicate issues with teams and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Perform, monitor and review audits internally, at company sites or supplier operations to support the identification, action and close out of non-compliance issues and to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Ensure plant equipment and production tools are maintained, calibrated and serviced as required.
- Manage Cost of Quality process, identifying trends and reporting to production team in Dundee.
- Contribute to lessons learnt process, assist and review implementation of corrective actions.
- Input into tender process when appropriate.
- Prepare for and host 3rd party audits.
- Identify environmentally sensitive activities relating to workshop and construction sites, assess and implement necessary mitigation measures.
- To ensure all materials, PPE and consumables are efficiently managed as per company processes and procedures as well as client specific requirements.
- Proactively engage with colleagues to inform and create positive HSEQ culture.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example.
- Manage visitors and contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements.
- Develop strong working relationships with all personnel affiliated with company.
- Communicate with colleagues and departments for the mutual benefit of the company.
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operations, recommending, supporting, and implementing continuous improvement activities, process, and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery.
- Liaise, communicate and build relationships with customers, suppliers, and other service providers.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects, review and communicate potential impacts.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of graduate and apprenticeship programs.
- Support and comply with Health & Safety regulations, Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures.
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere.
- Confident, rounded thinking and self-awareness.
- Takes ownership for team cohesion and team development.
- Resilient, optimistic and open to change.
- Has an Adult collaborative approach to others.
- An initiative-taker, motivated and able to positively motivate others.
- Focused and target driven with a positive can-do attitude.
- Be a company ambassador on all occasions.
- External regulatory and auditing bodies
Quality, Safety, Health & Environment
- All employees have a responsibility for ensuring their own health and safety and that of their colleagues.
- Co-operate with Company requirements to ensure that statutory duties are met.
- Do not interfere with or misuse anything supplied for health and safety.
- Only use equipment and substance where trained to correctly do so.
- Identify and take any obvious corrective actions to resolve non-conformances and prevent loss in your immediate area, reporting any hazards to HSEQ Team/Line Manager.
- Promote implementation and continuous improvement of the management system.
- Support the Company’s environmental stance by following all environmental procedures and policies and assist with the reduction of waste, energy usage and emissions.
- To promote company where possible.
- To look and pass on opportunities, cross sell other divisions of the company where applicable and pass any opportunities to Business Development Team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate with preference to working towards or achieved Diploma or NVQ 5/6.
- Internal / Lead ISO Auditor – 9001/14001/45001/18001.
- Member of IOSH.
- Previous experience of managing within an engineering and or fabrication environment.
- Experienced in the management and development of personnel.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.