HVAC Design Engineer
The HVAC Design Engineer will design, engineer and manage HVAC projects from conceptual stage through to completion. The position is based on a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working.
- Production and review of detailed design calculations i.e. heating and cooling loads with associated psychometrics, airflow rate calculations, ductwork pressure drop calculations, plant and equipment sizing and selection
- Production and review of detailed design drawings i.e. general arrangements, fabrication drawings, flow, pressure and instrumentation diagrams
- Production of technical documentation i.e. desktop studies, survey reports, basis of design, system operating philosophies, equipment specifications, data sheets and construction workpacks
- Selection of suitable equipment suppliers, raising of associated purchase orders and expediting the manufacturing process based on the needs of each project.
- Responsible for management of projects throughout the installation and commissioning phase through to client handover.
- Carry out detailed offshore surveys of HVAC systems to establish the extent, condition and operational status of installations, to capture sufficient information to complete reports, and provide recommendations along with associated design and cost proposals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- BEng or Bsc in HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services Engineering preferable, however not mandatory as sufficient experience in a similar role would be considered.
- Strong technical background, with the ability to design HVAC systems in accordance with relevant UK and international codes and standards.
- Self-motivated, client focused, possess strong communication skills and be able to exercise initiative to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills, be proficient using Microsoft office suite and AutoCAD. Experience using MEP packages preferable.
- Able to meet deadlines through good time management and allocation of priorities.
- Must be willing to travel both offshore and overseas. Applicants who hold a valid offshore BOSIET/FOET and OGUK medical will be viewed favourably.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.