Website £55-60K + Car Allowance
Based in Bridge of Don, this company combines knowledge, expertise, and best practice to deliver innovative engineering to protect people and assets. They are currently looking for a HVAC/Refrigeration Maintenance Focal Point to join the team and be based in their modern office space.
The maintenance focal point will ensure the department satisfies and develops its ability to service its customer’s offshore support needs and ensure compliance throughout. A key element of the role will be building strong client relations and enhanced communication with offshore personnel. Responsible for providing day-to-day direction to the contract team and ensuring sufficient personnel with the right competencies, are available to execute the contract. This is predominately refrigeration with some HVAC requirements.
- To ensure provision of a quality service to clients by ensuring compliance requirements are met.
- To promote compliance issues to existing and prospective clients with regards to ingress testing, LEV examination and refrigerant leak testing compliance etc.
- To provide guidance and support to the field services teams in delivering a high-quality service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- To be responsive at all times in the provision of technical or diagnostic help and advice to customers or staff over the telephone, by email and at times in face-to-face meetings.
- To investigate, review and solve customer problems or complaints quickly and efficiently.
- To monitor and evaluate performance and KPIs of all work scopes associated with installation, commissioning, repair or maintenance activities undertaken by business.
- To ensure all pre and post work scope documentation is prepared in compliance with the business management system.
- To ensure that offshore personnel are briefed prior to undertaking a job and understand clearly the requirements of on-time reporting and completion of documentation post job execution.
- To deliver as required technical/safety training and brief offshore personnel pre-mobilisation on the requirements of the job ensuring that work packs are understood and personnel are competent to deliver as required on site.
- To occasionally supervise at site on complex or challenging work scopes.
- To promote at all time safety in the workplace and ensure all offshore personnel understand the importance of safety and environmental compliance whilst offshore.
- To maintain records and files and generally ensure good housekeeping is maintained in both electronic and hard copy.
- To monitor commercial performance targets and objectives and to ensure commercial risks are adequately contained and minimised.
- To support and mentor the other team members sharing your knowledge and experiences.
- Comply with company’s HSEQ policies and procedures and ensure working practices are safe, always protecting the environment and Company reputation.
- Intervene, where possible, to prevent unsafe acts or conditions including stopping work where necessary. Restarting when it is safe to do so.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses and unsafe conditions, behaviours or acts to line management, or by using the company observation card system.
- Ensure all personnel under yos ur direct charge are suitably trained and competent to carry out the prescribed tasks and have read and understood RAMS issued to them, prior to starting work.
- Adhere to the controls described in risk assessments, RAMS and COSHH assessments, and highlight any shortcomings in the existing controls to line management.
- Visually inspect and check tools, equipment and plant which has been issued to you before use and report any deficiencies to line management.
- Correctly use PPE which you have been issued and inform line management when it is worn or damaged.
- Complete mandatory training as identified on the company training matrix.
- On request, actively participate in audits and inspections.
- Actively contribute and work towards HSEQ goals, objectives, targets and initiatives
- Comply with client site safety requirements
- Ensure all waste handled is disposed of in a suitable manner.
- Own, implement, review and update company policies, procedures, forms and systems for which you have responsibility.
- Ensure personnel under your control have the training, resources and competency to carry out their work activities in a manner which protects people, the environment and the company reputation from harm.
- Effectively communicate changes and updates to management systems to personnel within your department or team, ensuring these are understood and complied with.
- Manage HSEQ issues, concerns and points raised by personnel within your team, highlighting these to the HSEQ Manager where required.
- Valid Offshore Certification (e.g. BOSIET, MIST, Medical etc.)
- F-GAS 2079
- Experience in supervising staff.
- Oil & Gas experience.
- Computer literate in all Microsoft packages.
- Good communication skills in English (written and oral)
- Team player, friendly and outgoing.
- Positive outlook.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible and well organised.
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative.
- Influential technically skilled HVAC&R specialist.
- ONC/HNC Mechanical Engineering discipline or time served engineer.
- Technical services background.
- Proven experience of providing service support to clients.
- Experience of carrying our relevant calculations.
- Appropriate refrigeration/ventilation experience.
- Knowledge of HVAC&R discipline and systems.
- Salary- £55-60K
- Car Allowance
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.