JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
Responsible for supporting the Services & Maintenance Manager in delivering a proactive service to our oil and gas customers throughout the world. The Senior Project Engineer will be required to forge close working relationships with the shore-based members of the team who perform roles in small projects, logistics and spares provision. A key element of the role will be building strong relations and enhanced communication with Offshore Supervisors, Refrigeration Engineers and HVAC Technicians, supporting during working hours and out with.
- To be responsive at all times in the provision of technical or diagnostic help and advice to customers or staff over the telephone, by email and at times in face to face meetings.
- To investigate, review and provide technical expertise and advice to customers, engineers and colleagues quickly and efficiently.
- To plan, organise, administrate and coordinate work schedules and programmes allocating personnel and equipment.
- You will be responsible for managing costs and budgets on jobs for which you are responsible.
- To monitor and evaluate performance and KPI’s of all work scopes associated with installation, commissioning, repair or maintenance activities undertaken by the company Group.
- To ensure all pre and post work scope documentation is prepared in accordance with the business management system.
- To ensure that offshore personnel are briefed prior to undertaking a job and understand clearly the requirements of on-time reporting and completion of documentation post job execution.
- To coordinate the procurement of materials, recording and dispatch of materials to site ensuring compliance and documentation trail is maintained to the highest standards.
- To occasionally supervise on site on complex or challenging work scopes demanding the leadership and direction of the Senior Project Engineer.
- To execute site surveys, audits and assessments and prepare reports and recommendations and solutions to resolve customer issues or needs.
- To promote at all time safety in the workplace and ensure all offshore personnel understand the importance of safety and environmental compliance whilst offshore.
- To maintain records and files and generally ensure good housekeeping is maintained in both electronic and hard copy.
- To support and mentor the other team members sharing your knowledge and experiences.
- Comply with the company’s HSEQ policies and procedures and ensure working practices are safe, always protecting the environment and Company reputation.
- Intervene, where possible, to prevent unsafe acts or conditions including stopping work where necessary. Restarting when it is safe to do so.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses and unsafe conditions, behaviours or acts to line management, or by using the company’s observation card system.
- Ensure all personnel under your direct charge are suitably trained and competent to carry out the prescribed tasks and have read and understood RAMS issued to them, prior to starting work.
- Adhere to the controls described in risk assessments, RAMS and COSHH assessments, and highlight any shortcomings in the existing controls to line management.
- Visually inspect and check tools, equipment and plant which has been issued to you before use and report any deficiencies to line management.
- Correctly use PPE which you have been issued and inform line management when it is worn or damaged.
- Complete mandatory training as identified on the company’s training matrix.
- On request, actively participate in audits and inspections.
- Actively contribute and work towards HSEQ goals, objectives, targets and initiatives
- Comply with client site safety requirements
- Ensure all waste handled is disposed of in a suitable manner
- ONC/HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering discipline or a time served engineer
- Oil & Gas experience
- Experience of carrying out relevant calculations
- Valid Offshore Certification (e.g. BOSIET, MIST, Medical etc.)
- P601 LEV
- Willing to travel overseas and offshore when required
- Proven design and project management experience on a wide range of refrigeration and air conditioning systems and applications
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Packages – mainly Excel, Word and Microsoft Project
- Team player, friendly and outgoing with a positive outlook
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Expert technical skills and knowledge of all manner of refrigeration systems and cold rooms
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge of a wide range of air conditioning systems and chillers
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and oral)
- High financial and commercial awareness with the ability to manage large budgets and resources
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to forge strong business relationships with customers, suppliers, colleagues and contractors
- A thorough understanding of and ability to deliver outstanding customer service
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.