Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
This role, reporting directly to the Technical Sales Manager, will be responsible for commercial technical support and liaising with key stakeholders to develop technical solutions for customer specific requirements. The holder will be responsible for providing full technical assistance in the processing of sales generated projects and the design and development of new or customised products. This role would suit a graduate with some work experience or a Junior Engineer looking for their next role. The successful candidate will get exposed to projects from initial concept to end manufacturing, delivery and potentially commissioning. The company works across a number of key industries including military, construction and nuclear having built strong relationships and reputation over a number of years.
- Proposing new and /or customised products for special applications from customer specifications; requesting further data / specifications from customer as and when required.
- Provide front end technical support ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide assistance to the Sales Team with the selection of the correct, commercially viable product for a given application/customer specification
- Assist in the creation of design documentation including 3D CAD models, Project Technical Files, etc, ensuring that high quality, accurate and up to date records are maintained at all times
- Liaise with suppliers, Sales team and engineering as required to facilitate the design and development of new technologies, ideas and commercially viable products.
- Provide a troubleshooting/problem solving service to all other internal company departments and quickly and effectively assist customers with technical queries arising out in the field.
- Prepare accurate and timely detailed 3D models and 2D drawings of components for proposal, purchase or manufacture as instructed by his/her Supervisor or as reasonably requested by any member of the Sales Team in response to a Sales order/enquiry/technical query.
- Carry out all work instructions accurately and effectively meeting tight deadlines.
- Be conversant with current good engineering practice for component manufacture and be able to accurately and effectively incorporate these into all day to day tasks.
- Provide assistance to other departments within the company quickly and effectively through providing technical information and / or assistance as and when required
- Provide flexibility and ability to work as part of a small specialised team adhering to tight deadlines
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant post qualification experience working within a design environment, with specific experience in designing mechanical components.
- Minimum of 1 years experience in an industrial organisation.
- Exposure to DFM – design for Manufacturing as well as some understanding of material selection to support optimisation, cost engineering and profitability.
- Ability to work accurately and within designated timescales.
- Experience in commercial interactions with customers at a technical / design stage.
- Work effectively as part of a small, specialised team, displaying a flexible approach to work.
- Experienced in the use of SolidWorks 3D CAD within a mechanical design environment.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and MathCad software packages advantageous
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.