Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Working alongside our Senior Draughtsman, Engineering and Technical team, the successfulcandidate will be mentored and trained in developing remote intervention tooling concepts, detailed designs and manufacturing drawings. This will predominantly involve bespoke tooling solutions but will also include the continual improvement and adaptation of Tool Tec’s range of standard products.
In addition, further responsibilities will include preparation of information required for 3rd party quotation whilst building and updating specific project/tender costings.
Adherence to Tool Tec Integrated Management system whilst assisting the QHSE Manger to maintain and update as and when required.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your position is Junior Design Draughtsman; this entails but is not limited to the following:
- Perform 3D design activities to produce concept models, detailed part, assembly and manufacturing drawings.
- Collation of client supplied or internal technical information to satisfy project requirements.
- To complete design and draughting work within Tool Tec to international standard i.e. BS 8888
- Assist with maintaining the drawing register within the engineering department.
- Ensuring that all incoming drawings and technical documents are checked and filed correctly into the relevant project folders.
- Provide technical support to the Project & Operations team to ensure that the correct drawings/technical information is supplied to our supply chain and workshop team.
- Ensure that all design revisions are correctly recorded.
- To ensure that all 3D Solidworks data is stored and managed correctly on the vault system.
- Occasional off-site travel may be required, for example, to visit suppliers, witness load tests, attend client meetings.
- Provide general technical support to the Project & Operations team with other activities within Tool Tec such as procurement, goods in checking/part inspection, project management, quotations, supplier identification, collation of drawing packs etc.
- Flexible team player who also functions very well under own initiative, bringing creativity and efficiency to design output.
- Ideally with a practical background through work history or hobbies
- HNC Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Design preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience in the use of 2D and 3D design packages for modelling, drawing.
- Cross-functional contributor, working with engineering, operations, supply chain and quality functions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.