One of our long-term construction clients are on the lookout for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to come join them on a full-time, permanent basis. This would ideally suit an ambitious QS looking to make a real impact in their next organisation. Our client is a well established company based in Angus who are looking for like-minded individuals to come join their growing commercial team.
As a Junior QS you will be supported and mentored by the companies Senior QS and larger commercial team. You will quickly become a valuable asset to my clients organisation, ensuring thier reputation in maintained. This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving business where you will be provided training and continued support throughout your QS career.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Monthly cost reports
- Ordering materials
- Sub contractor valuation payments
- Plan and manage costs from conception to completion on a variety of different projects
- Analyse sub contract tenders and the placing of sub contracts
- Preparation of weekly labour returns
- Prepare reports and attend site progress meetings when required
- Regular site visits to identify any variations
- Ensure that ISO 001 management system is adhered to
- Liaise closely with site management.
The key skills / experience / knowledge required:
- Previous experience within a similar position
- Recognised qualification within a suitable subject
- The ability to understand drawings
- Excellent commercial awareness and appreciation of the construction process
- Office based role
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.