Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Provide Technical expertise, support & Mentoring to an Engineering team, in a relevant discipline to ensure that the team delivers high quality, reliable products to the global oil and gas Industry.
This will be achieved through close working within the team, an intimate knowledge of the projects within the team, understanding individual’s strengths & weaknesses & providing an environment of encouragement & support.
- New Team Members: Support new team members in working through induction programme; ensure that they have the necessary knowledge to effectively participate in the team.
- Report directly to the engineering manager/project manager on a by weekly basis on aspects of the teams projects, raising any issues which could affect delivery or budget.
- Motivation and Mentoring: Provide a technical lead in the support, encourage and mentoring of team members.
- Team Working: Maintain a healthy group dynamic and promoting a team culture.
- Team Communication: To take the lead on adherence to company standards & procedures. To chair team design review & verification meetings
- Assist in the technical development of Project Engineers & Technicians through a system of support & guidance.
- Problem Solving: Directly support team members to resolve engineering problems and assist in escalating technical issues to the Engineering/Technical Manager. Offer solutions to any problems that may arise
- Quality Assurance & Company procedures: To actively promote & help develop the companies QA/Engineering procedures, policies & working instructions.
- Engineering: To be the lead engineering authority within the team. To take an active role in the completion of engineering tasks. To approve material purchases on Projects undertaken within the Team up to an agreed value, typically £2,500.
- Complies with all the company’s procedures applicable to the job function.
- Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the company.
- Ensures all tasks and duties are performed in accordance with the company’s QHSE policies, standards and objectives.
- Compliance with QHSE training requirements as assigned or otherwise directed.
- Contribution to, and champions site annual QHSE objectives and Safety Team duties as required.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Able to think, communicate and present information effectively
- Ability to demonstrate Engineering design experience
- Able to support new and less experienced members of the team.
- Previous work experience as a Project Engineer
- Experience of developing and producing Quality procedures and policies
- Experience in training/coaching people and developing training systems.
- Ability to motivate a team and promote a team culture
- Problems solving skills
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- Educated to Degree/HND level and/or work experience in the relevant technical discipline.
- Have a sound, methodical approach to issues and problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.