Based in North Aberdeenshire, this company is a specialist in their field and deal with customers in multiple markets with a global reach. They are currently looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join the team and assist with day-to-day management of imports and exports.
Summary of role
This role will include preparing all the required documentation and reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Looking for but not essential is previous experience working with the import and export of goods internationally as well as the requirements required with customs. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing company. The position is ideal for a candidate who has exceptional attention to detail and the willingness to work in a fast-paced customs environment or with strong administrative skills from a logistics environment.
- Provide import clearance instructions for a variety of imports – Free Circulating Goods (FCG), Inward Processing Relief (IPR), Outward Processing Relief (OPR) and Returned Goods Relief (RGR)
- Create export documents for all shipments of goods to outside of the UK.
- Request import C88, export NES & AWB documents from agents and freight providers.
- Tracking of all imports and exports on relevant tracking websites.
- Updating of various registers/spreadsheets.
- Cross-checking monthly MSS Import and Export reports received from HMRC.
- General admin duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous logistics or import / export experience preferred.
- Administrative background.
- Customs Background.
- Experience using the Microsoft Dynamics 365 package would be advantageous but is not essential.
Full training will be provided to an individual who has strong administrative skills but doesn’t have the necessary Customs experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills both written and oral
- Expert user of Microsoft Office packages and have strong IT skills.
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work in a team and on their own initiative.
- A keen willingness to learn.
- Committed to continual improvement and a flexible approach to change.
- Salary £25K+ with OT availability.
- Monday to Friday.
- Pension Contribution.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.