Website Salary- DOE
Role based in Dundee for a company that aims to find the right solution for customers using their experienced engineers. They aim to deliver outstanding products and customer service across their three key divisions. Currently they are looking for a Machine Shop Supervisor to join the business.
This is a dual role which includes developing new sales leads and existing accounts to drive business growth in the Machining Division. To provide technical, commercial, customer support and account management for the Machining Division.
- Be the focal point for technical, commercial & contractual enquiries from customers.
- Find and develop business and sales leads, in line with budget requirement.
- Be responsible for accurately forecasting customers’ requirements (sales pipeline).
- Maintain a live forecasting and operational database.
- Develop personal relationships with key individuals within the customers’ organisation to build trust and understanding between organisations.
- Compile and issue quotations in a timely and professional manner, making use of internal & external capabilities, such as sub-contractors, material & consumables suppliers.
- Liaise closely with production, quality & engineering to ensure customer’s requirements are understood and implemented in conjunction with the Machining Divisional Manager and customer support team too.
- As required, generate costings / quotations to meet customer requirements.
- Obtain customer feedback and, where appropriate, instigate appropriate internal actions through liaison with production, quality, and engineering.
- Developing sales through Key Account Management strategies, networking and active commitment.
- Provide engineering and technical support input.
- Maintain customer and commercial job files.
- Contribute to the implementation of ‘best practice’ throughout the business.
- Ensure understanding of, compliance with and actively contributing to the progressive improvement of all documented controls and processes, including Procedures, Risk Assessments and COSHH Assessments, developed to reduce the likelihood of harm to people, property and the environment to as low a level as is reasonably practicable.
- Take personal and legal responsibility for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or don’t do.
- Actively intervene in any unsafe act or condition that may be identified.
- Co-operate with the Management Team so far as is necessary to ensure that the requirements defined by the Health and Safety management system are performed or complied with.
- Ensure that any PPE issued or made available is used, maintained correctly and any loss or damage is minimised.
- Immediately reporting any unsafe or potentially unsafe acts or conditions to your Supervisor or any member of the Management Team.
- Immediately reporting any errors, omissions or potential improvements identified in the Health and Safety management system, controls or processes.
- Comply with all Client Health and Safety controls, processes and other requirements on Client work sites.
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in a direct selling role.
- Customer support engineering role or similar position.
- Minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in CNC Programming & Machining (post apprenticeship).
- Sales experience
- Good technical background, competent at reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Computer proficient using Office 365 and CRM system/s
- Ability to work on own
- Education applicable to all engineering terms
- Experience of component costing / compiling quotations.
- Customer focus
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communicator and negotiator
- People skills
- Experience of supplying into Energy/Oil and Gas/Emerging markets
- Use of MRP systems
Renumeration and Benefits
- Salary- DOE
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.