Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based in Peterhead/Aberdeen this company develop solutions for the safe and efficient transfer, store and processing of drilling waste, slops and other associated materials generated from drilling operations. They are currently looking for a Maintenance Manager to join the team and become a vital part of the business.
Reporting to the Service Manager the Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing the UK Manufacturing and Maintenance Team to ensure high levels of service are maintained in the maintenance, fabrication, assembly, and commissioning of equipment.
- Ensure that workshops are maintained as a safe environment.
- Communicate, manage and maintain high levels of awareness and compliance to company HSEQ KPI’s.
- Direct manufacturing and maintenance team to ensure that internal/client non-conformances reported are actioned and closed out.
- Assist HSEQ in recording, investigating, and closing out any HSEQ incidents within team.
- Ensure awareness and compliance with all company, client and job specific procedures/legislation.
- Maintain an active role in the identification of opportunities for continual improvement in the company’s quality, health, safety and environmental system and where relevant assist in the implementation of these improvements.
- Work with Service Manager, Projects and Asset Management team to meet the demand plan for offshore assets.
- Ensure that assets are “green tagged” prior to mobilisation.
- Liaise with Operations Controller to transfer and mobilise assets when required.
- Ensure that equipment certification is maintained, e.g. lifting/hose registers and escalate if required.
- Prepare and implement maintenance schedules and plans.
- Work with Service Manager to ensure that service requests are executed in a timely manner.
- Cost maintenance projects/repairs.
- Day to day management of workshop activities ensuring resources are distributed to achieve project deadlines set.
- Day to day line management responsibility for Manufacturing and Maintenance Team; including annual appraisals, performance management, absence management, succession planning and conflict resolution escalating to Service Manager or HR as appropriate.
- Act as workshop area authority to manage SIMOPS.
- Evaluate and maintain staffing levels required to deliver against demand.
- Manage and record utilisation of Manufacturing and Maintenance Team.
- Ensure daily toolbox talks with team members are conducted by manufacturing and maintenance team supervisors.
- Liaise with Regional Logistics Coordinator to mobilise tech personnel when required.
Documentation / Reporting:
- Review workshop procedures and practices to ensure validity and update as necessary.
- Prepare work instructions as required to support field operations.
- Create, review and approve maintenance job cards within Navision.
- Create maintenance work packs.
- Record and report costings of projects/repairs to Service Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Managing staff at all levels effectively.
- Proven track record in design and installation of waste management systems to the offshore drilling industry.
- Experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to maintain efficient running of several projects simultaneously.
- Service delivery orientated.
- Confident decision maker.
- Developed interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the business.
- People Management Training.
- Working within drilling, drill cuttings management, solids control or drilling fluids disciplines.
- HNC/HND in relevant Engineering or Technical discipline
Remuneration and Benefits
- Salary £50,000- £65,000
- 40 Hours per week (Mon-Fri)
- Holidays – 29 days + 4 public holidays.
- Pension – salary exchange company contribute 5% when employee contributes a minimum of 5%.
- Health Care Cash Plan – providing cash back on daily healthcare needs such as optical and dental.
- PMI (Private Medical Insurance).
- Cyclescheme and Techscheme.
- Employee assistance programme.
- £35 wellbeing allowance per month (physical activities).
- Life assurance – death benefit – 4 x salary.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.