Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
About the Client
An excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest independent Electrical and Mechanical service companies in Scotland, with a renowned reputation for providing excellent service, quality and reliability.
Who we are looking for
We are currently looking for an experienced manual machinist. This is a permanent, full-time position based within our client’s workshop facilities in Aberdeen. Applicants must be experienced in operating manual machine shop equipment. The successful candidate will be required to manufacture and modify items using manual centre lathes, milling machines, horizontal borers, radial drill and various types of hand tools, to assist in the repair and overhaul of equipment such as electric motors, pumps, Ex rated enclosures and gearboxes. The role also involves producing new components to sample or drawing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for producing quality parts during the repair, modification or manufacture of components in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
- Inspection of parts to ensure quality requirements are maintained.
- Read engineering drawings.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Perform any other work-related tasks and duties in accordance with the business needs.
- Comply with all Company, Quality & HSE policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Ideal candidate will have completed a recognised apprenticeship with manual machine disciplines, equivalent to either City and Guilds Level 3 or NVQ Level 3.
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in a machine shop environment.
- Experience of operating lathes, milling and drilling machines essential.
- Experience in the use of slotting machines, horizontal borers or Alpha NC lathes would be advantageous, although not a necessity.
We are looking for a time served individual with a flexible attitude, who shows initiative and attention to detail to work as part of our existing team. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Salary and Benefits
Salary: From £38,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Manual Machining: 2 years (preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.