Job Purpose Summary
To design and engineer piping systems, air conditioning, refrigeration equipment and engineered packages for in-house manufacture within the oil & gas, petrochemical and marine industries.
- Initial product conception.
- Project planning, cost control and daily management of allocated in house manufacturing projects.
- Detailed design including design calculations, refrigeration system design and fabrication design and specification of components.
- Creation, checking and approval of documentation, drawings, data sheets, work packs and user manuals etc.
- Selection of equipment and checking compliance with relevant specifications and requirements.
- Compiling Material Take Off spreadsheets for procurement of materials and components.
- Liaising with clients both during and post project.
- Providing engineering support for the Operations Manager – Manufacturing.
- Responsible for ensuring products are designed and manufactured in compliance with all relevant legislation, standards, directives, regulations and company processes.
- Participate in company competence and performance management procedures.
- Comply with company’s HSEQ policies and procedures and ensure working practices are safe, always protecting the environment and Company reputation.
- Intervene, where possible, to prevent unsafe acts or conditions including stopping work where necessary. Restarting when it is safe to do so.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses and unsafe conditions, behaviours or acts to line management, or by using the company’s observation card system.
- Ensure all personnel under your direct charge are suitably trained and competent to carry out the prescribed tasks and have read and understood RAMS issued to them, prior to starting work.
- Adhere to the controls described in risk assessments, RAMS and COSHH assessments, and highlight any shortcomings in the existing controls to line management.
- Visually inspect and check tools, equipment and plant which has been issued to you before use and report any deficiencies to line management.
- Correctly use PPE which you have been issued and inform line management when it is worn or damaged.
- Complete mandatory training as identified on the company’s training matrix.
- On request, actively participate in audits and inspections.
- Actively contribute and work towards HSEQ goals, objectives, targets and initiatives
- Comply with client site safety requirements.
- Ensure all waste handled is disposed of in a suitable manner
Education, Training, Qualifications:
- HNC/HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or other HVAC relevant engineering discipline
- CE/UK CA Marking Awareness
- Degree in Product Design or Engineering (HVAC discipline)
- ATEX Directives and equipment training
- Demonstrable previous experience of mechanical or electrical product design
- Demonstrable previous experience in manufacturing capacity
- Demonstrable experience in design, drawings and calculations
- Experience in oil, gas and renewables industry
Skills and Knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of Mechanical and/or HVAC engineering environment
- Computer literate in all Microsoft packages
- Knowledge and understanding of refrigeration design
You must have strong communication skills (written and oral) with ability to communicate with technical staff, business users and senior management with clarity. You will have the ability to demonstrate innovation, turning customer requirements into workable solutions. Attention to detail is critical and you will be expected to maintain accuracy whilst working under pressure as you will be operating in a fast-paced environment. You must be flexible and highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload efficiently.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.