Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based in Stonehaven this company is a global provider of high high-specification vessels and a comprehensive suite of marine and subsea services to the offshore energy sector, government and defence and wider maritime industries. They are currently looking for a Manufacturing Estimator to join the team for an estimated 6-8 weeks.
- Responsible for the submission of quotes/bids to clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Receive client enquiries and agree enquiry scope with clients.
- From enquiry scope, produce a quotation proposal.
- Submit quotation proposal to client.
- Comply with all Company processes and procedures within the project management system
- Under supervision, manage client revision/questions on quotations/enquiries.
- Under supervision, manage enquiry documentation.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate with various internal departments in the production of quotations and all stages of awarded jobs as required.
- Review submitted quotations, customer feedback on quotations etc and report results.
- Review awarded contracts and resolve any issues arising.
- Alongside Senior Project Controller, conduct kick off meetings for awarded contracts
- Review completed job costs against quoted costs and analyse/report results.
- Adhere to company health and safety policy.
- Responsible for ensuring any persons visiting Estimator adhere to company health and safety policy
Qualifications and Experience
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Industry experience
- Self-motivated – ability to interpret what is required and actively undertake tasks with the appropriate level of support and supervision.
- Planning & scheduling – identifying and prioritising key tasks and dependencies.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills – sound level of self-awareness, ability to obtain cooperation and relevant information from colleagues, and a strong focus on communicating in a clear and concise manner.
- Stakeholder liaison – understands the importance of good stakeholder and client relations (both internal and external)
- Problem solving – ability to think conceptually, creatively and laterally.
- Apply knowledge of engineering subjects, to contribute to solving real engineering problems.
- Critical thinking – has the ability to tackle problems using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Integrity & honesty – demonstrates sound moral and ethical principles, acts with professionalism, honesty and integrity.
- Pay rate dependant on experience.
- Length of contract- Expected 6 to 8 weeks.
- 40 Hours a week but also Part-time availability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.