£50-55K DOE with additional benefits
The Design Engineer will provide design, draughting and engineering support to the Project Managers in executing and delivering projects to clients.
- Carry out detailed design, calculations and project drawings.
- Specify and select materials, components and equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of project documentation, technical files and work packs.
- Contribute to integrated safety when reviewing engineering designs and ensuring all technical and design risks are identified to meet project requirements.
- Ensure high standards are maintained in terms of client liaison, both verbally and by email.
- Create specifications, co-ordinate procurement of materials and ensure delivery to client.
- Where required, travel to installation sites and review/rectify any issues arising between client and company.
- Carry out regular design and project reviews.
- Analyse and evaluate quotations.
- Control project costs.
- Liaise with clients and suppliers.
- Maintain project files and produce document packs.
- Where required, travel to client premises.
- Comply with Group’s HSEQ policies and procedures and ensure working practices are safe, always protecting the environment and Company reputation.
- Intervene, where possible, to prevent unsafe acts or conditions including stopping work where necessary. Restarting when it is safe to do so.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses and unsafe conditions, behaviours or acts to line management, or by using the Group observation card system.
- Ensure all personnel under your direct charge are suitably trained and competent to carry out the prescribed tasks and have read and understood RAMS issued to them, prior to starting work.
- Adhere to the controls described in risk assessments, RAMS and COSHH assessments, and highlight any shortcomings in the existing controls to line management.
- Visually inspect and check tools, equipment and plant which has been issued to you before use and report any deficiencies to line management.
- Correctly use PPE which you have been issued and inform line management when it is worn or damaged.
- Complete mandatory training as identified on the Group training matrix.
- On request, actively participate in audits and inspections.
- Actively contribute and work towards HSEQ goals, objectives, targets and initiatives.
- Comply with client site safety requirements.
- Ensure all waste handled is disposed of in a suitable manner.
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineer or Similar
- 3D CAD Experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.