Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
This company are specialists in gathering verifiable high quality data to deliver actionable insight on pipelines throughout the world. They are looking for an outstanding professional with a great attitude to join them as a Mechanical Design Engineer, working on our technology at the highest level.
Essential Qualifications And Experience:
- Minimum BSc (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient SOLIDWORKS user
- At least 3 years of advanced mechanical design experience at all stages of development – Strong drawing control skills
- Must have a drive to work to commercial deadlines
- Strong ability to perform well under pressure of a high and varied workload, tight deadlines and changing job priorities
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Teamwork skills are essential, and the ability to work not only within a small multi-discipline team, but also communication skills to engage with the different teams across the regions of the company – Attention to detail in all aspects of the job role
- Demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems
- Excellent Computer skills such as Excel, word and be able to follow procedures to learn to work with various P2D software
- Delivery of mechanical design drawings and associated documentation.
- Produce drawings which are clear, accurate, cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned safely and effectively.
- Ensure that standard practices and details are utilised wherever possible.
- Ensure that previous similar solutions are adapted and utilised wherever possible.
- Report problems and deficiencies in the design and brief to an appropriate person.
- Maintain competitiveness by ensuring drawings are produced within the durations indicated.
- Ensure drawing review procedures are followed.
- Maintain drawing files and records.
- Consider environmental issues in all design activities.
- Promote customer awareness of products and services through ongoing communication and continuous business development to efficiently meet customer requirements.
- Tailor services and products as appropriate to suit client needs or market influences.
- Contribute to the company team in identifying areas of growth and generate new business within the market place maximizing new opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.