Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
- Provide engineering expertise to develop a wide range of hydraulic and electrical machinery
- Technical assistance to equipment manufacture projects as well as operational support to the company’s rental fleet of equipment.
- Contribute to the successful execution of design engineering projects in conjunction with internal teams, external contractors and other resources as required by the project.
- Demonstrate innovation, efficiency and technical competency to meet the business needs and those of our external clients located globally.
- Interfacing with other engineering team members and disciplines to delivery successful project execution.
- Designing equipment in line with functional specifications and project budgets as set out by management.
- Ensuring continual improvement of design activities/ output through effective use of design reviews, project feedback and lessons learned.
- Ability to work under own initiative to delivery engineering deliverables as required to support project requirements.
- Collaboration with a team of designers and engineers to successfully deliver design engineering projects.
- Cooperation of external engineering resources as required to meet project demands.
- Compiling design engineering calculations for mechanical and hydraulic deliverables
- Ability to select mechanical and hydraulic components based on functional requirements
- Knowledge of drive systems, rotating equipment, bearing arrangements and associated limits and fits
Responsibilities of the Role
- To deliver high quality design and engineering solutions.
- To show commitment to HSEQ and to set good personal examples on HSEQ issues within their area of operation and influence. Required to report all accidents and near misses to their line manager, and to always lead by example and set high standards in all aspects of their role.
- To actively participate in all aspects of HSEQ awareness, education, training and communication. Accountable for stopping a job if perceived that it is not safe to progress for personnel or the equipment/ product, or if not adhering to the company’s standards or procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level or high level of experience in similar roles within the Offshore/ Subsea industry (Mandatory)
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the latest relevant industry codes, standards and technical developments (Essential)
- Good employee engagement skills (Essential)
- Full professional membership and able to demonstrate Continual Professional Development (Preferred)
- Chartered Engineer (Preferred)
Training & job specific requirements
- Demonstrable engineering experience on projects of various sizes and complexity
- Good understanding of the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry
- Understanding of industry legislation including but not limited to LOLER, PUWER, HSAW
- IT competence including Microsoft office packages, AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault & MathCAD
- Able to multi task, work under pressure and as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative and be self-motivated
- Willingness to learn & adapt
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with all levels of management, personnel, clients & other stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Proactive, flexible and decisive
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.