The client is currently looking for a full time permanent Mechanical Engineering Team Lead to lead, direct and assist with the day-to-day output from the Mechanical/Structural Design Engineering team to meet the operational and project requirements of the business. To ensure that all relevant procedures are being complied with and to manage the specific Mechanical Design resource requirements.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility and accountability for Mechanical/Structural design output.
- Ensure that all designs are in accordance with relevant standards.
- Delivery of engineered solutions in-line with project delivery schedules.
- Provide resource/cost estimates for all main projects.
- Contribute to the upkeep/accuracy of all mechanical design specific project plans.
- Compliance with all departmental processes and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance and development of departmental processes/procedures.
- Provide regular updates on progress, workload and resourcing.
- Ensure the efficient use of department resources.
- Ensure accurate sign-off of staff timesheets.
- Identify and report any potential bottle necks / red flags / issues within the department.
- To train and coach other team members in good design practices and relevant standards.
- To quantify staff performance and identify training needs through adherence to the company appraisal scheme.
- Effectively manage all people matters in a fair and consistent manner, in line with company policies & procedures.
- Provision of technical support where necessary to support business needs.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to all direct reports.
- Participate in the recruitment of key personnel.
- Management of department/staff holidays.
- Apply HR policies & procedures where necessary.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experienced in the checking and approval of Engineering documentation
- Extensive knowledge of winches and associated equipment
- Good understanding of hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical circuitry
- In-depth knowledge of design standards such as CLAME, DNVGL-ST-0378, DNVGL-ST-E2.7-3, DNVGL-ST-E2.7-1 etc
- Proficient user of Autodesk Inventor
- Proficient user of MathCAD, FEA
- Excellent communication and organising skills
- Chartered Engineering Status
- Experience using STAAD Pro
- Several years’ previous experience in a similar role
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.