The Workshop Technician will survey, disassemble, repair, evaluate, assemble, and test various tools/services and equipment.
- To survey, disassemble, repair, evaluate, support, assemble and test various tools/services and equipment to standards/procedures set out by the company and their customers/clients.
- Work in a safe manner at all times to protect all colleagues, clients and equipment.
- To ensure that all defects to materials, components or equipment is reported to your Supervisor.
- Ensure all relevant drawing’s, procedures and instructions are to the latest revisions, prior to work commencing.
- Proactive in the proposal and introduction of new assembly and testing techniques to improve productivity or safety.
- To liaise with the Workshop Team Leader on any issues arising.
- To report any environmental and health and safety issues that arise.
- To work within standards and company procedures at all times.
- Involved in Environmental, Health and Safety issues.
- Any other duties required by the Workshop Team Leader.
- Aid in the creation of risk assessments.
- Liaison with the relevant Project Manager on any material, customer/project issues.
- Help in the Proposal and introduction of new safety equipment.
- To maintain material certification and traceability for all material used.
- To ensure that all gauge/inspection equipment is correct and current prior to use.
- To support other departments when required.
- Mechanical trade with good all-round understanding of oilfield equipment assembly and pressure testing techniques.
- Ideally with a multidiscipline approach in mechanical, fabrication or equipment maintenance.
- Ability to work as part of a small, focused team working to high standards with client lead times being the driver.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional and effective solution to clients and customers.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings/specifications etc.
- The use of assembly and test equipment and test tools in a safe manner.
- Ability to use inspection and test equipment.
- Full understanding of various methods of assembly and testing.
- Ability to use lifting equipment effectively.
- Understanding of Environment, Health and Safety.
- Competent level of understanding in:
- Engineering drawings.
- Engineering terminologies.
- Assembly and pressure testing equipment.
Depending on experience plus additional benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.