Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
We have an exciting opportunity for an Offshore Mechanical Technician to join our client’s Mechanical Solutions team based in Aberdeenshire.
Under the Mechanical Solutions division the Technicians role is involved in the operation of subsea cutting, dredging and cleaning equipment. The Technicians are generally required to travel to offshore locations (approx 90 days) to operate, service, maintain, function test and repair, when required, mechanical solutions equipment while on client projects. When onshore the Technician will be required to assist in maintenance, operational and training activities along with any other tasks as directed by his immediate Supervisor or higher authority.
Additional compensation is paid for each day spent offshore, including payment for weekends away.
- Responsible for the safe operation of all equipment at the worksite in accordance with mechanical solutions QHSE policies and procedures
- Work with mechanical solutions equipment either offshore or onshore independently or under supervision.
- Operate, function test, carry out maintenance activities or repairs as per project requirements / when required or as instructed
- Identification of existing hazards at the worksite, considering the surroundings and the prevailing meteorological conditions that could threaten the safety or health of the personnel and/or endanger the preservation of the environment
- Interfacing with the client’s representative at the offshore site, for planning, organizing and executing the work.
- Participate in toolbox talks
- Ensure all relevant and necessary maintenance activities are carried out at planned intervals/when required and are documented correctly.
- Complete required paperwork for work carried out either onshore or offshore. Inclusive of, but not limited to maintenance reports, project reports, cutting logs, timesheets, expenses, customer satisfaction, damage reports, preventive actions etc. in a timely manner
- Participate in pre and post job review meetings and ensure risk assessments are completed and reviewed as required. Participate in close out and implementation of corrective actions, resulting from NCR’s and customer complaints.
- Liaise with QHSE and aid in the investigations and reporting of failures, NCRs and OFI’s.
- Minimum HNC in mechanical engineering or similar qualification, or significant equivalent industry experience
- Track record of experience in subsea offshore operations in IRM and decommissioning
- Undertaking repair, maintenance and testing in a subsea environment
- Experience in operating subsea, cutting, dredging and cleaning tools with abrasive experience preferred
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.