Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
The company have an exciting opportunity for an Offshore Survey Engineer to join their Survey & Robotics team. This position is offshore based. In this role you will be responsible for the installation, successful operation and maintenance of the company and customer owned equipment while on-site. Also to act as first-line technical support and service to customers on-site. Applicants must hold a valid offshore survival (BOSIET/FOET), already live in the Aberdeen/shire area, with a legal Right To Work in the UK. The annual base salary is topped up with a competitive Daily Offshore Allowance for every day spent offshore.
- Installation, integration and commissioning of equipment on customer onshore and offshore sites
- Identify, through diagnostic fault-finding, issues with on-site equipment and issue fault reports
- Complete first-line repairs to equipment
- Liaise with the company’s workshops worldwide for second-line technical assistance
- Ensure all deployed company assets are maintained and operated in accordance with manufacturer, company, and contract parameters.
- Track all company assets, relevant to project, while deployed
- Maintain records of changes to setup / maintenance carried out whilst deployed
- Ensure that deployed equipment is stored correctly and safely, with all accessories
- Act as the company’s ambassador, displaying excellent customer service, positive attitude and fully participating in any client site schemes for Safety, Quality, etc. whilst deployed
- Package equipment returning from the vessel suitable for transport requirements and fully documented / accounted for, notifying the company of any known damages in advance
- Ensure timesheets are signed by the client prior to departure from the vessel / worksite
- Complete end of project reports, timesheets and expense forms promptly upon return.
- Prepare, test and package equipment pre-deployment to the company’s standards and procedures
- To undertake tasks in the workshop as and when required
- Adhere to the company’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and industry standards
- HNC/HND/Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or proven track record of equivalent industry experience
- Current Offshore Survival accreditation including valid OGUK medical
- Previous subsea experience with common survey sensors/equipment (eg. MBES,SSS, SBP, USBL, LBL & Magnetometers)
- Previous experience in subsea survey equipment, offshore
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude – problem solver and team-worker
- IT literacy
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.