JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
The Operations Manager – Manufacturing will focus on running an efficient Design and Manufacturing function. They will be responsible for managing a multi-disciplined team of Engineers and manufacturing personnel to support the execution of the overall provision. The Operations Manager – Manufacturing will work closely with the Projects Manager and other Operations Managers to ensure optimum delivery from the business. They will also work alongside the Product Line Directors and Business Development Manager to assist with Sales and general Business Development activities.
- Overall ownership and management of the P&L and Working Capital efficiency for manufacturing department.
- Work with the team to develop and implement a ‘best in class’ approach and product output across the business.
- Collaborate with Product Line Directors and Business Development Manager to seek out new opportunities and maintain current relationships with customers.
- Ensure all quotations and bids are submitted in an accurate and timely manner, maximising commercial benefits for both the company and customer.
- Work closely with Projects and Operations Managers to ensure all project scopes are adequately supported with minimal disruption to the manufacturing business.
- Ensure accurate reporting across all manufacturing job status against agreed delivery dates including cost to date and estimated time to completion.
- Ensure delivery dates to internal and external customers are met.
- Meet regularly with current customers to develop relationships further as well as build relationships with prospective customers.
- Develop and performance manage direct reports, and support them in the development of their teams.
- Effectively communicate Company and group strategy within organisation, and lead/facilitate change initiatives accordingly.
- Identify improvement opportunities within product line and work closely with support functions to maximise benefits thereof.
- Actively engage and contribute towards marketing and PR initiatives and programmes, with a view to maximising exposure and identifying opportunity.
- Adhere to the limits provided within the Company Delegation of Authority matrix.
- Support, lead and comply with company competence procedures
- Comply with the Company Group’s HSEQ policies and procedures and ensure working practices are safe, always protecting the environment and Company reputation.
- Intervene, where possible, to prevent unsafe acts or conditions including stopping work where necessary. Restarting when it is safe to do so.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses and unsafe conditions, behaviours or acts to line management, or by using the Company Group observation card system.
- Ensure all personnel under your direct charge are suitably trained and competent to carry out the prescribed tasks and have read and understood RAMS issued to them, prior to starting work.
- Adhere to the controls described in risk assessments, RAMS and COSHH assessments, and highlight any shortcomings in the existing controls to line management.
- Visually inspect and check tools, equipment and plant which has been issued to you before use and report any deficiencies to line management.
- Correctly use PPE which you have been issued and inform line management when it is worn or damaged.
- Complete mandatory training as identified on the Company Group training matrix.
- On request, actively participate in audits and inspections.
- Actively contribute and work towards HSEQ goals, objectives, targets and initiatives
- Comply with client site safety requirements
- Ensure all waste handled is disposed of in a suitable manner
- Own, implement, review and update company policies, procedures, forms and systems for which you have responsibility.
- Ensure personnel under your control have the training, resources and competency to carry out their work activities in a manner which protects people, the environment and the Company Group’s reputation from harm.
- Effectively communicate changes and updates to management systems to personnel within your department or team, ensuring these are understood and complied with.
- Manage HSEQ issues, concerns and points raised by personnel within your team, highlighting these to the HSEQ Manager where required.
- Act as EX Authorised Person, in accordance with the current version ISO/IEC 80079-34 Clause 5.3 a) to g) on behalf of company in respect to Notified Body Certified Products.
Education, Training, Qualifications:
- Time served apprenticeship or qualified to HNC/HND level in HVAC engineering related subject
- ATEX Directives
- CE/UK Ca Marking Awareness
- Educated to degree level in HVAC or HVAC engineering related discipline
- Incorporated or Chartered member of engineering or management institute
- Demonstrable experience working as a HVAC Engineer in a manufacturing or design capacity
- Proven track record of managing people and coordinating teams as well as supporting team members with career development
- Process and quality focused with experience in delivering lean production solutions
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
Skills and Knowledge
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Packages
You must have strong communication skills (written and oral) with ability to communicate with technical staff, business users and senior management with clarity. You will have the ability to demonstrate innovation, turning customer requirements into workable solutions. Attention to detail is critical and you will be expected to maintain accuracy whilst working under pressure as you will be operating in a fast-paced environment. You must have the ability to prioritise own and team’s workload while demonstrating resilience to business requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.