Website Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Based in North Aberdeen this company combines knowledge, expertise, and best practice to deliver innovative engineering to protect people and assets. They are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join the team and be based in their modern office space.
The Operations Manager – Certified Door Services will be responsible for supporting the COO in building a standalone door division within the company, this will involve the development of a robust client base built from both existing company clients as well as targeting new clients and shall include delivering a proactive service to our customers. When established they shall be responsible for managing P&L targets plus the safe and efficient running of day-to-day operations. The Operations Manager – Certified Door Services shall work closely with the other Operations and Project Managers to promote collaboration and growth across the com service offering.
- To be responsive at all times in the provision of technical or diagnostic help and advice to customers or staff over the telephone, by email and at times in face-to-face meetings.
- To investigate, review and provide technical expertise and advice to customers, engineers and colleagues quickly and efficiently.
- To plan, organise, administrate and coordinate work schedules and programmes allocating personnel and equipment.
- Responsible for managing costs and budgets on jobs for which you are responsible.
- To monitor and evaluate performance and KPI’s of all work scopes associated with installation, commissioning, repair or maintenance activities undertaken by HRE.
- To ensure all pre and post workscope documentation is prepared in accordance with the quality management system.
- To ensure that offshore personnel are briefed prior to undertaking a job and understand clearly the requirements of on-time reporting and completion of documentation post job execution.
- To coordinate the procurement of materials, recording and dispatch of materials to site ensuring compliance and documentation trail is maintained to the highest standards.
- To occasionally supervise on site on complex or challenging work scopes.
- To execute site surveys, audits and assessments and prepare reports and recommendations and solutions to resolve customer issues or needs.
- To promote at all time safety in the workplace and ensure all offshore personnel understand the importance of safety and environmental compliance whilst offshore.
- To maintain records and files and generally ensure good housekeeping is maintained in both electronic and hard copy.
- To support and mentor the other team members sharing knowledge and experiences.
- To work closely with the Marketing and sales personnel to develop the Certified Doors Services.
- Develop a set of work method statements and risk assessments to reflect the workscopes.
- Monthly reporting on enquiries / jobs / turnover and margins as a minimum.
- Work closely with other departments to share knowledge on client requirements / upcoming scopes.
- Regularly discuss with HVAC dept on where we can share resources, providing better value to clients.
- Provide training (one on one / lunch & learn) to maximise cross selling opportunities.
- Regular collaboration with BD function to build client base and increase financial growth opportunities.
- Meet with finance dept on a monthly basis to discuss department results.
- Ensure on time delivery of jobs to customers.
- Ensure accurate reporting of job status both internally and externally.
- Adhere to the limits provided within the Company Delegation of Authority matrix.
- Comply with Group’s HSEQ policies and procedures and ensure working practices are safe, always protecting the environment and Company reputation.
- Intervene, where possible, to prevent unsafe acts or conditions including stopping work where necessary. Restarting when it is safe to do so.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses and unsafe conditions, behaviours or acts to line management, or by using the Group observation card system.
- Ensure all personnel under your direct charge are suitably trained and competent to carry out the prescribed tasks and have read and understood RAMS issued to them, prior to starting work.
- Adhere to the controls described in risk assessments, RAMS and COSHH assessments, and highlight any shortcomings in the existing controls to line management.
- Visually inspect and check tools, equipment and plant which has been issued to you before use and report any deficiencies to line management.
- Correctly use PPE which you have been issued and inform line management when it is worn or damaged.
- Complete mandatory training as identified on the company training matrix.
- On request, actively participate in audits and inspections.
- Actively contribute and work towards HSEQ goals, objectives, targets and initiatives.
- Comply with client site safety requirements.
- Ensure all waste handled is disposed of in a suitable manner.
- Technical services background.
- Willing to travel overseas and offshore when required.
- Proven design and project management experience.
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Packages – mainly Excel, Word and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Expert technical skills and knowledge.
- ONC/HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering discipline or a time served engineer.
- Oil & Gas experience.
- High financial and commercial awareness with the ability to manage large budgets and resources.
- Experience of carrying out relevant calculations.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to forge strong business relationships with customers, suppliers, colleagues and contractors.
- A thorough understanding of and ability to deliver outstanding customer service.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.