Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
To provide engineering support with regard to operational requirements and research and development projects. To liaise and interface with current and potential clients on a regular basis.
Management of information:
- Provide the customer’s representative with sufficient information and guidance to ensure correct task completion.
- Provide input to the Operations Manager/Client Representative regarding operational procedures and any amendments which are required.
- Provide ongoing technical support for operations, both on and offshore.
- Prepare client quotations and involvement with tenders as and when required.
- Generate work instructions for new and existing product lines and perform relevant training.
Management and Development:
- Devote appropriate time to development, training or coaching of personnel.
- Provide structured feedback to teams at appropriate times.
- Keep up to date with Health & Safety procedures to maintain the security and safety of team.
Health and Safety Management:
- Assist in conducting safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensure regulations relating to health, safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to.
- Advise on safety aspects in the use of new products, plant, equipment and systems of work.
- Where necessary assist with the causes of accidents, the circumstances leading to them and compile the necessary reports, providing corrective advice to prevent recurrence.
Knowledge and Skills-
Formal Qualifications: (specific degree or professional qualification)
- Minimum HNC Qualification in a technical subject, degree qualified would be preferable
- Firm but fair management style, confident in dealing with people related issues
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong communicator
- Excellent coach and mentor
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, develop, motivate and empower employees
Functional: (e.g. specific level of operational experience)
- Experience of leading a team effectively in a workshop environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.