Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Job holder is responsible for the production of finished parts against route cards, drawings and CNC programmes, with API and proprietary connection gauging practices as instructed by the Supervisor. Working a variety of CNC machines on various production lines.
Job holder will be required to work overtime on a regular basis to meet operational requirements. Although the job holder is responsible for making individual decisions, decision making is often taken in consultation with supervisor. The job holder is required to complete allocated jobs often working to deadlines on a range of tasks to rigorous HSEQ standards. Work is of a physical nature, involving lifting and carrying, albeit supported by physical aids (Cranes and forklift etc.), and working with potentially dangerous machinery and tools. The working environment requires the job holder to wear PPE relevant to the job/work being carried out.
- Following engineering drawings competently to controlled machining tolerance ensuring parts are produced precisely first time
- Producing and inspecting finished API and proprietary connections to drawings, procedures and programmes as set by Supervisor within times set out on, production sheets and targets
- Loading CNC programmes via DNC link, ensuring it’s returned with relevant edits at the end of each job
- Setting-up CNC and carrying out programme edits to optimise production
- Continuing to look for improved product and procedure quality and efficiencies, reporting to the supervisor prior to implementation
- Responsible for ensuring that all tooling and equipment are returned to the correct location
- Ensuring the following housekeeping duties are performed: the machine (inside and out), work area and the surrounding area are cleaned at the end of each shift, coolant and oil levels are maintained, all gauges are always cleaned prior too returning to the gauge room and workshop to be kept safe and clean
- Wearing correct PPE always
- Correctly booking all working hours and reporting any failed bookings/clockings immediately to the Machine shop Supervisor
- Ensuring that the internal and external surfaces of all components are free of contaminants when an operation is complete
- Ensuring that all traceability is always maintained
- Putting on hold any parts out with specification and inform Supervisor/Inspector
- Accurately recording and maintaining quality records
- Ensuring the care and maintenance of all machinery and equipment used (i.e. identifying faults and reporting them immediately to the Supervisor)
- Reporting any failures in quality, or efficiency, immediately so that they can be identified and investigated. In addition, any methods or procedures identified that can improve quality and efficiency should be reported to the Supervisor
- Signing off route cards to indicate an operation has been completed and inspected
- Working efficiently on your own, and part of a team
- Ensuring that all processes are carried out in accordance with the Company procedures.
- Fulfilling responsibilities under the Company Health, Safety and Environment Policy and so far, as reasonably practicable the health, safety and welfare of the time
- When required to do so, the job holder must agree to work overtime to meet operational requirements.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience:
- Time Served, with HNC/C&G or NVQ level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience
- Ability to operate CNC machines with basic programming skills
- The ability to use standard inspection gauges and equipment Fully skilled CNC Turner and/or Miller, from operator to programming
- The ability to use API and proprietary inspection gauges
- Capable of reading and understanding Engineering drawings
- Relevant shop floor experience
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and experience of an ERP system, ideally Microsoft AX
- Full Driving Licence
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), influencing and interpersonal skills
- High degree of commercial acumen
- Highly professional conduct
- Must be willing to travel and able to spend time away from home
- Can do attitude
- Team player
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Mechanically sympathetic.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.