Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
We are currently looking for a CNC Machinist to join our client. They are market leaders in the supply of process plant solutions to the global energy industry. This position is based in Kintore.
Directly reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, you will be responsible for the set up and operation of CNC machine tools to manufacture components to drawing dimensions or specific instructions. The ideal candidate will have experience in basic programme on machine controls (Hiedenhan Controls 530-415) or MAZATROL.
- Set up and operation of CNC machine tools.
- Ensure all relevant drawings, procedures and instructions are to the latest revisions, prior to work commencing.
- Operate and handle materials and tools in a safe manner.
- Operating the machine safely and competently in accordance with manufacturers operating instructions and ensuring that good safety and housekeeping standards are maintained as laid down in QHSE policies and procedures.
- After completing the operation, carry out the inspection on the manufactured component before releasing.
- Ensuring that the work area is kept clean, appropriate and safety equipment is worn at all times.
- Assisting with the training of apprentices.
- Reporting any environmental and health & safety issues that arise.
- To maintain material certification and traceability for all material used.
- The mentoring of developing machinists within the manufacturing team.
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
- To comply with company quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all accidents / incidents / near misses / hazards are immediately reported and relevant paperwork is complete.
Internal Training Requirements:
- Environmental Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Internal Courses – Basic Level
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge:
- Competent in the set up and operation of CNC machine tools.
- Capable of basic programming on machine controls (Heidenhan Controls 530 – 415 and or MAZATROL).
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings/specifications etc.
- Ability to use inspection equipment.
- Skill in planning methods of machining.
- Ability to select the correct carbide grade, feeds and speeds for the material specification in operation.
- Time served machinist.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Well organized and dependable.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.